Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17272930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianbosco View Post
    I'm also waitlisted for AFGC membership the email I received says it will be May 2018 before new members are invited.
    I hope you get in quickly. I just got membership there I know what I'm doing this weekend.
    Nobody who is still scared of the unknown around every corner is truly free. True freedom is using my firearm for sustenance and enjoyment. Stay strong, stay free #Nofear

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianbosco View Post
    I'm also waitlisted for AFGC membership the email I received says it will be May 2018 before new members are invited.
    Why not join Chilliwack for this year, the CFGC is accepting new members and its a fantastic club, it's only about 20 minutes longer to drive to than AFGC from Abbotsford.
    The only good lefty is a Stag Arms lefty

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfel View Post
    currently working with pistols and rifles of various calibers.
    Any luck yet in finding someone to show you the ropes?

New .22LR shooter from Richmond here! Been to DVC a couple of times and PDHFC once with a friend. Looking to get into a pistol next. Any Locals around?

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    No you can't buy a handgun without a membership, but I believe you can join Silvercore In Delta as a drop in member for about $30 if I'm not mistaken, check out their website, may be the solution you are looking for.
    I will be looking into this as well, thanks for the reco!

The range in Langely has an ATT only membership option as well.

I'm eagerly waiting on everything... LOL. Waiting on PAL to come back, waiting on Chilliwack orientation session, wait list at AFGC and then, at some point after that, spend a bucket load of money and wait for a black badge course. Good thing im not in a rush. LOL. And yeah, new here too. LOL. Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy06 View Post
    The range in Langely has an ATT only membership option as well.

I'm eagerly waiting on everything... LOL. Waiting on PAL to come back, waiting on Chilliwack orientation session, wait list at AFGC and then, at some point after that, spend a bucket load of money and wait for a black badge course. Good thing im not in a rush. LOL. And yeah, new here too. LOL. Hi.
    Welcome! Both Chilli and Abby are great ranges with a great bunch of members, both have excellent shooting events for handgun and tactical rifle if that is your interest, Chilli has IDPA, which you don't need a black badge to participate in, Abby has IPSC, so a black badge is required. Both have speed steel and tactical shoots also, I'm sure you will find an interest at one of them,lol. If you get out to Chilliwack pistol bays there is always a chance you can try out some handguns before you purchase, always nice to lay your hands on a few before you put out your dough

Thanks edgy.

The instructor I had for the CRFSC was from chilliwack & I spent some time talking to him about IPSC & IDPA. Have talked a bit to Murray Gardner as well a bit and will hopefully catch up to him for coffee soon to try to get off on the right foot. Definitely interested in both & speed steel as well. Might as well get a bit of ground work done in the mean time while there's really not too much else i can actually do. Im just wishing chilliwack wasnt in chilliwack (it will be an hour each way for me). And, hopefully once i get signed up out there i dont get distracted by the call of the vedder... LOL That said, they all seem like wonderful people.

Do we have any waterfowl hunters here? I am interested in getting into waterfowl hunting but I don't know where to start!

Willing to travel - located in Whistler, BC but I am flexible if someone is willing to take me under their wing (haha!) and give me guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
    Do we have any waterfowl hunters here? I am interested in getting into waterfowl hunting but I don't know where to start!

Willing to travel - located in Whistler, BC but I am flexible if someone is willing to take me under their wing (haha!) and give me guidance.
    I do a fair bit of waterfowl hunting, but I'm a long way from you, east of Chilliwack. I would suggest joining the HuntingBC website, there is a section for waterfowling, and a ton of knowledgable guys there, I believe there are even a few guys from the Squamish and Whistler area, you might have some luck there