Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19293132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

i usuualy go up by harrison area

Hi, I am from the CRD region and I noticed that the Gun Clubs here are absolutely packed (one told me that they have over a 2 year waiting list right now). Any suggestions on a gun club somewhere on the island that is accepting new members??

Hi Everyone,

I am a newb looking for recommendations on which gun club to join in the lower mainland for Unrestricted and Restricted usage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    MC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduromotochris View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am a newb looking for recommendations on which gun club to join in the lower mainland for Unrestricted and Restricted usage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    MC
    Sent you a private message. Click on the very top of your page under “ Notifications “.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduromotochris View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Cheers,
    MC
    PCDHFC (Port Coquitlam) is uncapped for membership. AFGC (Abbotsford) has an 18 month wait list. Mission ? TMSA (Pitt Meadows) ?

I shoot at PCDHFC because it's 15 minutes from home. Has a 200m range. Has "lower" ranges for those who have taken an additional course, where you can do your cool stuff like shoot multiple targets and move and shoot.

AFGC is THE cool kid range. If it's tacticool you're looking for this is the place from what I've heard. I've sat on the waitlist twice (!) and then not pulled the trigger when the time came for various reasons. Mostly because it's further than 15 minutes from my door.

Mission has out to 300m but has a rep for Fudds being grumpy about you firing more than one shot per 30 seconds. May or may not be true depending on who you talk to.

TMSA is mostly all about the handguns from what I have seen. Not my jam.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info BioPace! I've been hearing good thinks about Chilliwack as well. - MC

Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    PCDHFC (Port Coquitlam) is uncapped for membership. AFGC (Abbotsford) has an 18 month wait list. Mission ? TMSA (Pitt Meadows) ?

I shoot at PCDHFC because it's 15 minutes from home. Has a 200m range. Has "lower" ranges for those who have taken an additional course, where you can do your cool stuff like shoot multiple targets and move and shoot.

AFGC is THE cool kid range. If it's tacticool you're looking for this is the place from what I've heard. I've sat on the waitlist twice (!) and then not pulled the trigger when the time came for various reasons. Mostly because it's further than 15 minutes from my door.

Mission has out to 300m but has a rep for Fudds being grumpy about you firing more than one shot per 30 seconds. May or may not be true depending on who you talk to.

TMSA is mostly all about the handguns from what I have seen. Not my jam.

New member, just picked up my first restricted. Wanted to develop some shooting skill. didn’t factor in that much of my hobby budget into this so I. Planning on slowly dipping my toes into it. What’s some stuff a new gun owner should own? Cleaning kit and etc?

Also what’s a good place in town to get ammunition for a good price? Prefer not to get surplus stuff but cheap, good value options for a beginner would be great. I’m located in Vancouver.

I’m planning on going to the poco range during the weekdays whenever I have time. Luckily I sometimes have days off during weekdays so I’m going to do pay as you go day pass. Is this the best budget option before I decide to fully invest in a long term membership?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
    New member, just picked up my first restricted. Wanted to develop some shooting skill. didn’t factor in that much of my hobby budget into this so I. Planning on slowly dipping my toes into it. What’s some stuff a new gun owner should own? Cleaning kit and etc?

Also what’s a good place in town to get ammunition for a good price? Prefer not to get surplus stuff but cheap, good value options for a beginner would be great. I’m located in Vancouver.

I’m planning on going to the poco range during the weekdays whenever I have time. Luckily I sometimes have days off during weekdays so I’m going to do pay as you go day pass. Is this the best budget option before I decide to fully invest in a long term membership?
    Tiger arms in poco usually has decent priced ammo. One of the two Richmond stores is pretty good at times.
    Buy the day passes until the new membership year then buy a full membership. Under $200 doesnt count as an investment when you're buying ammo 1000 at at a time (which you will be if you want the best deal).
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    Tiger arms in poco usually has decent priced ammo. One of the two Richmond stores is pretty good at times.
    Buy the day passes until the new membership year then buy a full membership. Under $200 doesnt count as an investment when you're buying ammo 1000 at at a time (which you will be if you want the best deal).
    ill definitely give tiger arms a look, thanks! my closes store is reliable gun or lever arms. i always felt the latter store was a bit aggressive with their pricing. yes it does seem like the best play is always wait for the big sales and then buy in bulk haha.

which richmond store? im assuming its the one by garden city and not the one off of no 3 rd next to aberdeen.
    Last edited by DocZ; 04-06-2019 at 11:23 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    DocZ,
    For ammo, check out Custom Reloading Service in Maple Ridge also. They make and sell reloaded ammo. Nothing wrong with the stuff. Brass cased and high quality.

Eagle Hunting Supplies is the one to check out in Rmd.

Lever rarely sells anything modern. They’re worth a look for surplus ammo of ChiCom origin.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.