Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 203032333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    DocZ,
    For ammo, check out Custom Reloading Service in Maple Ridge also. They make and sell reloaded ammo. Nothing wrong with the stuff. Brass cased and high quality.

Eagle Hunting Supplies is the one to check out in Rmd.

Lever rarely sells anything modern. They’re worth a look for surplus ammo of ChiCom origin.
    Thanks for the tips! What does “Chicom” mean?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Chinese Communist Bloc. Be careful. Some of their stuff advertised as non-corrosive is actually corrosive.
    Where do you shoot? You can PM me if you want.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Chinese Communist Bloc. Be careful. Some of their stuff advertised as non-corrosive is actually corrosive.
    Where do you shoot? You can PM me if you want.
    not a member of a club just yet, but im planning on doing the day pass at POCO. just picked up my restricted, that ATT was pretty quick considering i made my purchase on friday and its wednesday after a long weekend.

How did you get your restricted without a membership in BC?
    Did you join Silvercore?
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

yep just did the 50 dollar a year thing at silvercore.

i just picked up this cleaning set cause i read its pretty good to clean the gun before shooting it the first time. is this all ill need?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did you join Silvercore?

Quote Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
    yep just did the 50 dollar a year thing at silvercore.

i just picked up this cleaning set cause i read its pretty good to clean the gun before shooting it the first time. is this all ill need?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Yup. Kit is fine. What type of gun? Make sure no barrel obstruction and all parts and safeties work. Lube if gun is all metal. If polymer, very lightly on the metal contact points on the frame.
    CCFR CPC

i have a FNS-9.

i read online that this CLP stuff is really good? even if you don't manage to remove all of it, its not detrimental to the firearm?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Yup. Kit is fine. What type of gun? Make sure no barrel obstruction and all parts and safeties work. Lube if gun is all metal. If polymer, very lightly on the metal contact points on the frame.

CGN frequent flyer
    Did you join Silvercore?
    Well I just picked up a lower, and don't have a membership anywhere currently but explained that i had been a previous member at PCDHFC and would be renewing in the new year.

I guess they don't care if they think they've got a chance to scoop everyone up with some new legislation...
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
    i have a FNS-9.

i read online that this CLP stuff is really good? even if you don't manage to remove all of it, its not detrimental to the firearm?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    Good gun. Nice ambidextrous features. The stippling on the grip can be quite sharp.
    CLP was made famous by Break Free. It is a cleaner, lubricant and protectant. Hence CLP. It is widely used.

I still use the Hoppes solvent to remove burnt powder and lead residue. Then I lube with G96.
    CCFR CPC

thanks! i got it for a great deal too. reliable had it on sale for $415 or something.

im planning on getting this stuff and then using the oil thats in my hoppe's kit.

Good gun. Nice ambidextrous features. The stippling on the grip can be quite sharp.
    CLP was made famous by Break Free. It is a cleaner, lubricant and protectant. Hence CLP. It is widely used.

I still use the Hoppes solvent to remove burnt powder and lead residue. Then I lube with G96.