Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

Great idea Tootall.

At our Rod and Gun club meeting, the local Archery club floated an idea similar to this for hunting and it was very well recieved. They are looking to start a mentor program involving any clubs that want to participate (bow or rifle). They would mentor kids through their CORE, becoming proficient with their weapon, and finish off with a guided Doe hunt on a participating farm. The idea not only helps bring in new hunters but would also help the local farmers deal with their Deer problems. The MOE will have to be convinced to assure Doe tags for the kids (like a guarnteed LEH) but we think they will be interested in the program and are hopeful they will support it. Our Regional BCWF President has already gotten great feed back from a few folks with large farms up here. They would appreciate the Doe cull and support hunting recruitment. The ball is rolling, we'll so how it goes.

Now back to firearms mentoring, count me in. The Quesnel Rod and Gun club has a great facility but unless convinced to waive the $10 drop in fee for non members, I'm not sure how appealing my offer is. Personally, I can offer semi-auto hand gun (.22 and .40), rifle (.22 and 30.06) and trap shooting. If you have interests in IPSC, Cowboy Action, or Black Powder, drop me PM and I will ask the folks I know that are involved in these and see what they say.
    Last edited by TPK; 11-03-2007 at 01:59 AM.

CFSC Courses in Van/GVRD

No luck with the search function or the BCWF page; I'm looking for a RPAL course for a friend in E.Van in the near future.
    He's not into hunting, just paper and the tools to make holes.

Any suggestions, links, details?

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pontcanna's Avatar
    Here are some numbers to try of instructors in the Vancouver/Burnaby/Coquitlam areas. This is from the NFA website and is a few years old, so interpret accordingly:

http://www.nfa.ca/component/option,c...,743/search,*/

Vancouver
    B008R Robert Backus - 228-8676
    B142R Jose Batista - 325-2303
    B144R Mike Camele - 251-5170
    B072R Marshall Lowen - 730-0260 M/AB
    B017R Victor Camele - 251-5170
    B070R Earl Parisian - 582-5378 AB
    B158N Morgan Guerin - 267-9377 AB

Burnaby
    B001R Kelly Abram - 291-6244
    B062R Elder Jeske - 299-9858 M
    B077R Andrew Miles - 436-9260 EX
    B101R Allan Simmons - 291-1952
    B048R Brock Halliwell - 736-9050

Coquitlam
    B109R Maurice Tanchak - 939-3665
    B137R Roy Reinmuth - 936-1862
    B136R Yiping Mi - 939-8927 M
    B143R Michael Davey - 937-5930
    B043R Charles Zuckerman - 944-8959
    "Somewhat sarcastic doorknob"
    -Foxer, June 15/05

Expried Business Member
    Hi Xrob,

We offer the CFSC/CRFSC a minimum of 4 times each month. The Croatian Cultural Center in Vancouver would be the most convenient place for your friend to attend, unfortunately we wont be back there until March.

For our complete schedule, check here: www.silvercore.ca/schedule.htm

If the dates on our website don’t work for your friend, we also offer private instruction.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 604-940-7785.

hi there i am a uk security guard with working visas for canada. i posses a uk firearms license and will want to gain my PAL to carry on me shooting in BC. can anyone recomend a CRFSC course and how long will it take and howmuch. i competent with all firearms except pistols and full auto.

is there any books i can buy to start learning the course for when i arrive i want to sit the course asap.

thanks

miles

Here are free pdf versions of both safety course books:

Non-Restricted
    http://www.likestuff.com/Non-Restric...y%20Course.pdf

Restricted
    http://www.likestuff.com/Restricted%...y%20Course.pdf

Also try here to get the feel of the exams themselves:

w ww.gunexams.com (remove space between w's).

Also there are materials on the official Canadian Firearms Centre site - the following link takes you to some safety videos:

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/safety-sur...se_video_e.asp
    -Foxer, June 15/05

Hi, my girlfriend and I would be very interested in going out shooting in the lower mainland area. I am interested in high power rifles (.308/30-06?) for hunting and target shooting and we are both interested in shotguns and handguns (possibly for IPSC).

We both recently passed our CFSC/R exams and are awaiting PAL certification. I have also recently acquired my hunting licence.

cheers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If my time permits, I would be willing to meet new or would be firearms enthusiasts at a local range. There's a 200 yard range in chilliwack that would be good. I will have a couple tuned and tricked m14s rifles, custom enfield .303 bolt, and a couple other bolt and semi rifles to get aquainted with. It will have to wait for a few weeks, but i welcome any p.m.'s on the subject.

a fine idea Tootall, good on ya
    I too would consider the same idea for new hunters, though you would need to be 19 for simple liability reasons

CGN Ultra frequent flyer heavyBullet's Avatar
    Here are free pdf versions of both safety course books:

This link does not work for me

Post Renewed Links

Here are the links to the CFSC manuals again. They worked for me a minute ago:

http://www.likestuff.com/Non-Restric...y%20Course.pdf

http://www.likestuff.com/Restricted%...y%20Course.pdf
    -Foxer, June 15/05