Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

Also, id like to say Hi. Im a newb as you all can see. Im not new to froums tho im a mod on 3 other forums and im happy to be a part of this forum.

what do I do now??

Hello "totall"

I just signed up this morning. I have some extra parts I would like to sell and a few parts I need...I also have a few bayonets I would like to sell or swap. When I went to the forums, I found they are all "locked". I did read what to do, but I'm not sure if I applied correctly. Can you help me out?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Granger
    Abbotsford, B.C.
    on CGN...42mb

BANNED
    New to CGN, just back to BC, not new to shooting. Anyone with a S&W MP9mm want to let me test fire for half a day in the VANCOUVER area? Will buy lunch or other fuel.

Hello Fellow CGNs. Is there anyone in Kamloops or anyplace within about an hour or so willing to dedicate some time to showing a Noob how to actually shoot I have passed my PAL and RPAL just awaiting it to be processed and sent back to me. I'm interested rifles and shotguns but willing to try pistols and every gun I can at least once. PLEASE let me know by PM if your willing to help educate me in the actual shooting part of this awesome past time.

Thanks in advance :D
    CK
    Who Needs A Gun Ship When You Have A Pointy Stick.
    2/3 Of The Earth Is Water. Get A Boat.

South Paw Shooter and PROUD OF IT!

The only government worth having is a 45/70 Government.
    My idea of Tech Support involves a gun and a box of ammo.

Hi I'am new to CGN I realy like this site, great resorce.I'am in Coquitlam and a member at the poco range. I have my PAL and RPAL. I enjoy milsurplus arms but also thinking about getting into trap/skeet in the future. Sort off just starting out with handguns and just got my first one, a Tokarev TT-33, lots of fun.:D

I'm in Langley BC and looking to challenge the PAL and RPAL tests, any suggestions?

send a pm to CGN member MikeK

Hello,

Just wanted to say hi.
    I live in Langley and just passed my CFSC and have applied for a PAL, which may be delayed as I am a non resident and have only been in Canada for 3 1/2 years.

Really hoping to get into trap/skeet shooting so am looking for some advice on what is a good shottie for a noob. Will be digging through this forum looking for hints and tips.

Anyway, hello

Hey im new to this site as well as shooting. i Took my pal and scored well on but because there was a problem with one of my references im still waiting for my pal to come in the mail, i don't have any firearms yet, i'm trying to figure out what i would want and wht would suite me best. for my first firearm i would want it to be a good short, small easy to carry around rifle, i was thinking the dominion arms grizzly, but then i thought to myself, if i wanted to shoot some clay's or targets or something that i would like a longer shotgun, then i thought maybe a mossberg or remington. then i thought if i'm going to go with a long gun i might as well make it a rifle, and i thought well if im going to make it a rifle it might as well be a damn decent one that i can use it for everything, including long range shooting, so then i was thinking 300 win or 308 ( because its fun )( i found a damn decent rifle i was ready and willing to buy and i said the day my pal comes im going to buy it , came with a bipod and a factory-mounted and bore sighted 4-16x50mm variable scope with sunshade.. came in a 308win with interchangable barrels picanninny rails, sling and gun lock for only $500,.. but it was a short action and i heard it chews up your barrels so that to me was a no no otherwise i would jump all over it, i've seen a pic of it too and it looks super sexy, what do you think>??? ?? i could use lots of info on that ) but realistically i was thinking about a .260 because its cheaper on ammo and could do the same job... Then i heard .260 has brass issues so i heard better make it a .243 which now i know nothing about, and i may have put every damn firearm down on my xmas wish list.. so if someone could take me out and show me the difference between all these guns and prices and info that would be damn swell. right now im staying in new west until july 5th then probably moving back to aldergrove or chilliwack. i have no problem travelling and i've got a pretty decent 4x4 so i have no problems meeting up in the woods somewheres. give me a shout if you think you can help, thanks
    Last edited by Ugly; 06-22-2008 at 08:51 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Splatter's Avatar
    Ugly: While there is much debate on the subject, I think the first gun should be a good quality .22 LR. You'll be able to shoot it places and times a .308 would simply be out of the question and it's cheap and durable too, if you take good care of it, 100,000 rounds is not unreasonable.
    You can teach yourself tons about wind doping and ranging by shooting it to 200m. How many 1000m ranges do you know of? How many 200m ranges?
    Make your first serious gun a top quality .22, you'll never regret it.

When you are ready for a centrefire, the .358/.338Fed/.308/7mm-08/.260/.243 family of cartridges are all based on the same case, so experience gathered on ony one of them will translate to the others of the family pretty easily.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. "

Noam Chomsky