Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

delete
    Last edited by The Hackmaster; 07-13-2021 at 12:31 AM.

Is anyone here a member with dvc ventures? My question is what do you get for $530/year membership fee? To me it seems pretty crazy when most of the other ranges/clubs are charging around $150/year....

I too would like to know the answer to the above question...
    Also I'm a newb, I live in langley and am looking for another pistol shooter to mentor me... Preferably someone who knows ther way around a Sig 226 (my new love).
    Travis
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Torch". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    I too would like to know the answer to the above question...
    Also I'm a newb, I live in langley and am looking for another pistol shooter to mentor me... Preferably someone who knows ther way around a Sig 226 (my new love).
    Travis
    I just joined the forum and am considering purchasing a sig 226 as well! I am considering going to silvercore to get licensed. Thoughts on that? What made you choose a 226 over anything else on the market? I'm a total newb to guns so the only thing I have to go by are people's reviews and it seems to me that everyone praises the sig 226. which 226 model did you go with exactly. the platinum elite looks badass.

I would also like to hear more about dvc.

Expried Business Member
    You cant go wrong with Silvercore for your training, (mind you I might be a bit biased) :D. Our courses do fill up quickly and we have opened a couple extra up to accommodate the demand. You can view our schedule here: http://silvercore.ca/schedule.htm and our course descriptions here: http://silvercore.ca/courses.htm

DVC is located in Port Coquitlam and is a beautiful indoor range to shoot at.

http://www.dvcindoorrange.ca/

Unit #201 - 1655 Broadway, Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada V3C 2M7
    Tel: (604) 941-6933 Fax: (604) 941-6944

Sincerely,

Travis Bader
    604-940-7785
    www.silvercore.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercore View Post
    You cant go wrong with Silvercore for your training, (mind you I might be a bit biased) :D. Our courses do fill up quickly and we have opened a couple extra up to accommodate the demand. You can view our schedule here: http://silvercore.ca/schedule.htm and our course descriptions here: http://silvercore.ca/courses.htm

DVC is located in Port Coquitlam and is a beautiful indoor range to shoot at.

http://www.dvcindoorrange.ca/

Unit #201 - 1655 Broadway, Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada V3C 2M7
    Tel: (604) 941-6933 Fax: (604) 941-6944

Sincerely,

Travis Bader
    604-940-7785
    www.silvercore.ca

Thanks Travis. I will sign up later tonight for it when I get home. I'm heading out to the poco range right now to do a drop in and see how I like shooting a .40

ps...I contacted you about getting into the July courses but unfortunately will have to go with the August course since you guys are already filled up (its ricky by the way )

Hey Travis how long have you lived in ladner?? Just wondering cause i lived there my whole life, up until a few years ago...

Travis
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Torch". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Expried Business Member
    Moved to Ladner 2 years ago and purchased the office in Tilbury 8 months ago. Ladner has a real sense of community and I can’t foresee leaving any time soon. Feel free to drop by if you are ever in the area.

#115 7198 Vantage Way

Sincerely,

Travis Bader

went to dvc today. signed up for a year membership. also signed up the gf just so I have someone to go with me. Brother will be signing up within a day or two as well. Need to get into the silvercore course but its hard to get our schedules to match and then match those times with Silvercore's schedule . Anyways hopefully get it done soon but at least I can shoot!!

shot a .22 and a glock 9mm today

Expried Business Member
    We do our best to accommodate everyone’s schedule. You can contact our office manager (Dawn 604-940-7785) regarding private instruction if our regularly scheduled dates don’t work with your schedule.

Sincerely,

Travis Bader