Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

My first time shooting was a month ago or so and it was a blast. It was at that shooting range in the port coquitlam hills. I shot a glock .40, a remington 700 rifle with a scope (the recoil from which opened up a nice wound on my forehead on the first shot - newbie mistake!), and a mossberg 12 gauge shotgun (3 1/4 inch shell...!). We used 30 off 6 rounds for the remington 700, and I found it fairly difficult to aim on the first couple tries. Lots of practice is needed...

So, I'm in the process of taking the two training courses for long-guns and restricted firearms and then going through the process of getting licensed.

Good luck to all the other newbies out there...!

Would like some info on the ranges in the GVRD. I think I have narrowed it down to Poco,Ridgedale, Abby and mission. If any body is a member or has any feedback on these clubs it would be appreciated. Plan on doing targets (High Cal) at 100-200 and pistols in the future maybe (IPSC).

Thanks in advance

Greater Vancouver

Hiya folks! I'm new to the sport and am living in Vancouver without a vehicle. That being said, i'm wondering if there are any ppl that go through the Granville and Broadway area on the way to any of the local ranges that allow pistols.
    Thanks!

Daniel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Qhergt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepotatos
    Anyone in Victoria?
    I am

Victoria

I am also in Victoria and use the Malahat range.

Hey All,

I am new to the forums and the sport of rec shooting. I am very interested in getting involved. I am located in Surrey.

I have no previous shooting experience but I am eager to learn as well as find out more information about getting my PAL.

There seems to be a lots of information regarding getting licensed and the process of joining clubs. If anyone is willing to walk me through the process or point me in the right direction it would be great!

Silvercore was awesome! It's in Surrey. Very knowlegable, and you get both pal's at the same time.

hey all in new to shooting been doing mostly trap and rifle shooting gonna try some pistol soon just passed my P.A.L and gonna do the restricted in the next week or 2 anyone on here from the north west of BC , if you havent tried trap shooting , you have to its a blast
    THEGDB

Strider I am a member of the newest and coolest indoor shooting center in the metro vancouver area. Yes my club has rentals at affordable prices and factory ammunition. The clubs name is dvc ventures it is located in port coquitlam their phone number is 604 941 6963. Hope this helps! Assman.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pontcanna's Avatar
    So it's open? I want to hear all the details
    "Somewhat sarcastic doorknob"
    -Foxer, June 15/05