Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2737394041424344454647

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

I live in Surrey, BC.

Also, what I found out is that participating in shooting events is a great way to meet people and learn.

Greetings from North Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Schatzkammer View Post
    Greetings from North Vancouver, BC
    OH Hey Neighbor, fancy seeing you here!

Howdy yall, Ive never shot a gun before and would like to try a shotgun and a rifle as I would like to get into rifle at the range/bird hunting! Anyone in the Victoria area who would be willing to let me shoot their firearm/go shooting? I could pay for the ammo/time. left eye dominant if that matters..

Quote Originally Posted by vinethrower View Post
    Howdy yall, Ive never shot a gun before and would like to try a shotgun and a rifle as I would like to get into rifle at the range/bird hunting! Anyone in the Victoria area who would be willing to let me shoot their firearm/go shooting? I could pay for the ammo/time. left eye dominant if that matters..
    you can look up any shooting ranges/clubs in your area that would let you rent their firearm. There should be something in/near Victoria

Unfortunetall there is not.. gotta go to Vancouver to rent

Hi everyone in Victoria/south Island. 53 years old, logged into RCMP site today to see that my PAL/RPAL has finally been issued - application submitted March 31st LOL.

Will likely start with .22LR shooting, ELR (300yds +), but I'll start much shorter of course! I can see myself getting into centrefire ELR, but first I want to see if I'm capable of the discipline to stretch rimfire out to its limit.

I doubt there's many accessible places for centrefire ELR on south Island, but if you know of any please do share. Also, if you shoot .22LR or another rimfire long-range, I'd love to hear about it.

Probably won't be acquiring my first rifle until next year, with costs of living being what they are. That said, if anyone wants to take a newbie* shooting, I'll pay for all the rimfire ammo we could conceivably go through in a day, and maybe half the cost of the centrefire (with me taking 1/4 of the shots).

*Not a total newbie. Grew up around firearms, know safe practices, and have rented pistols, shotguns, PCCs and semi-autos. Haven't shot a bolt action since my first shooting experience, which was when I was 13 and a family member thought my first introduction to shooting should be with his .30-06, no ear pro.

Hello team! I'm in Fernie - SE Kootenays and would like to meet fellow hunters and shooters to go out and figure things out together!