Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

tootall

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
For those that have little to no experience, this is the place to contact those of us that are willing to meet with you, and let you pop off a few rounds.

TIME PERMITTING, of course, I am willing to take out newbies for a chance to become aquainted with guns. Contact me by PM (Personal Message) by scrolling over my name.
Notice that I am located in Langley, BC.

As this forum grows, more mentors will offer to do the same, and a formal list will be built.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy one and all.

At the suggestion of Tootall, I am here to request mentoring in the basics of skeet/trap/hitting flying things with a shotgun.

I do have about 15 years of shooting experience with rifles and handguns, including military and police time, so am not totally ignorant.... Just fairly virginal to long-barrelled shotties!

Have membership at PoCo (with RUC), but willing and able to travel (within reason) to meet with any kind-hearted folk who might "take me under their wing" and get me started with the basics of 'gunning things from the sky. I do have an 870 with a 26"VR barrel, and multiple chokes, but it is currently in the shop for a few days.

I work 4 on / 4 off, and won't be available on weekends until about October 9th.

If anyone is so motivated, please drop me a PM!

Thanks in advance... I would, of course, be willing to supply post-shooting food/bevvies!

:)

Neal

Welcome aboard, Nelly!
Most of my shooting is also rifle and pistol also. This shotgunning stuff is a different bird, so to speak. I try to aim the perfect shot, which of course does not work at all. Maybe an experienced shotgunner could straighten us both out!

Well im looking to go shoot some pistols/revolvers. never shot one or even handled one before and id really like too. Im thinking about going for my restricted course but Id like to go shoot some handguns first to see if I like it or not before hand.

Id be willing to drive withing an hour or 2 and also willing to chip in for ammo or whatever else.

So if anyone wants to introduce me to handguns please PM me.

thanks
Kyle.

Chopperhead said:
Well im looking to go shoot some pistols/revolvers. never shot one or even handled one before and id really like too. Im thinking about going for my restricted course but Id like to go shoot some handguns first to see if I like it or not before hand.

Id be willing to drive withing an hour or 2 and also willing to chip in for ammo or whatever else.

So if anyone wants to introduce me to handguns please PM me.

thanks
Kyle.
sorry you are to far out but when ever you are in the TO area I will take you to my gun club

I'm in Port Alberni (Vanc Isl.) every 4th Sun we have a "Drop in Shoot" everyone welcome.Vast variety of firearms shot on that day,great for new shooters come out and meet shooters and try out some of the firearms.
Just shoot me a Pm for further info.
Cheers nessy.

Last edited:
And I'm in Falkland, Salmon Arm is the range that my wife and I shoot at.
And I can do some reloading instruction too.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any ranges that you can go to and rent/tryout a bunch of handguns on vancouver island or even the lower mainland? The wife and I are looking to purchase our first two and I want to be able to handle and fire a bunch before we choose.

strider3700 said:
Does anyone know of any ranges that you can go to and rent/tryout a bunch of handguns on vancouver island or even the lower mainland? The wife and I are looking to purchase our first two and I want to be able to handle and fire a bunch before we choose.

No range per say will rent you a gun in BC, but keep a look out in the "events and gatherings" forum to see when the next CGN shoot is on, this is a good way to try out a lot of different guns. :)

Hi Guys

New to the forums ,been reading alot , great info here.

Listen I have a few questions
I was wondering if you fellows could give me some advise on.
First off I just completed my non restricted & restricted course this weekend.
Got my two references still to send in to aquire the PAL. My question is do I have to belong to a club, so if and when the question is asked as to why I want a handgun, that I can tell them a club name ? And my intention, or Em I reading to much into it, as to the background check and all the info the Gov will want before issuing me my PAL.

Lastly, I'm very close to Langley and Semiahmoo and would really like to get into target shooting, prior to purchaseing a gun, I'd like a little more info as to what the clubs offer as in teams or shooting groups that specialize in target, that can maybe give me more info as to the type of Firearm used for the sport?

Thanks
I know its more then my one question alowed , LOL

Cheers
24/7

In BC you do not have to belong to a club to purchase a restricted. If you don't belong to a club the easiest thing to do is say you are planning to join a club. It's a lot less hassle than standing firm on the "There's no law that says I have to belong to a club." line. The person on the other end of the phone is happy because they have something to write in the box on the form and you are happy because you've got your new toy, besides you're going to have to take it to a range sometime.
Make sure that before you apply for your ATT you read the FAQ on it. In BC you can have your ATT good for any range in western Canada, any border point or airport, any gunsmith, or courier office and including any restricted firearm that you have the reg cert for, meaning you can borrow.

Thanks for the best straight up info I've got yet Splatter
Awesome , so I can relax and wait till its either approved or denied , LOL

Good info on the ATT, I've got alot of different stories on that as well

Anyone else in the Lower mainland that can comment on any target clubs with any pros and or cons , please give me your 2 cents

Again thank you Splatter, I really didn't want to jump into any club just because I want my PAL approved

Cheers
24/7

Back
Top Bottom