Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18283031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    I do a fair bit of waterfowl hunting, but I'm a long way from you, east of Chilliwack. I would suggest joining the HuntingBC website, there is a section for waterfowling, and a ton of knowledgable guys there, I believe there are even a few guys from the Squamish and Whistler area, you might have some luck there
    Hi Edgy, Chilliwack's not that far! I'll go check out HuntingBC, thanks for the tip.

I sent you a PM too. Thanks!

Hey guys, quick question about going to the range.

I got a restricted handgun and a unrestricted rifle.
    Do i need to obtain a ATT to transport my restricted handgun to the range? From what i remember being told i do not need a ATT, unless i am moving address.
    Could someone clarify?

Thanks ^___^ i looked thru the newbie faq and doesn't have any information about going to and from the Gun club use of the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage967 View Post
    Hey guys, quick question about going to the range.

I got a restricted handgun and a unrestricted rifle.
    Do i need to obtain a ATT to transport my restricted handgun to the range? From what i remember being told i do not need a ATT, unless i am moving address.
    Could someone clarify?

Thanks ^___^ i looked thru the newbie faq and doesn't have any information about going to and from the Gun club use of the range.
    You're good to go - you have a LTATT (long term ATT) attached to your license to bring your gun to ranges within BC, gun smiths/shops for repairs without needing to get a specific ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    New .22LR shooter from Richmond here! Been to DVC a couple of times and PDHFC once with a friend. Looking to get into a pistol next. Any Locals around?
    A lot of us are around Lower Mainland. I recently got my pistol a couple months ago when Calgary Shooting Centre was selling the Glock 17 for $705.

Newbie here looking for a possible mentor in the Parksville Qualicum Nanaimo area on Vancouver Island.
    Yes, brand newbie, with PAL(s), range membership, mature, safety oriented and ready to learn.
    Will be doing the orientation at Parksville range next few days, and have already been introduced to a couple of the very helpful members.
    I had hoped that the friend who 1st took me to a range would be available - but he's in Africa . So any help or advice is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    We the Willing, Led by the Unknowing, Paid by the Uncaring
    Have been doing so much, with so little, for so long
    We are now qualified to do anything, with nothing at all
    TUK U, McKinnley Bay '88

Newbie just getting his PAL. Passed the FSC two days ago. I live in the Comox Valley.

Hello, I'm just getting into this sport and would really appreciate someones time to show me the ropes.
    I've successfully passed both my non-restricted and restricted course and am currently in the process of getting my PAL, (waiting for final stamp of approval ).
    I live in the White Rock area and am willing to travel.
    Cheers.

CGN Regular
    Hey All
    I'm from Vancouver
    Anyone interested in joining me for waterfowl hunting?
    I got a 12 ga just need someone to show me where I can bag a few ducks

Hey, I'm relatively new to pistol shooting have a membership at DVC as well as waiting on the safety course for Mission. I am looking for anyone who wouldn't mind helping with some pointers. Shooting a cz shadow in 9mm. Located in Vancouver.

Hey all, I was wondering where in the lower mainland offer drop in range session that are 18 friendly, if not, can anyone give me a close coordinate(crownland) that i can discharge my firearm?