Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2434363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HazyReturn View Post
    What would some of you guys recommend for a gun range? I'm in Aldergrove so something in the Valley. Never been to a range before as I have always shot on crown with my family.

Pref. something with 100 to 200 yard range as I'll be using SKS/CZ 527
    Almost all the ranges in the FV are at least 100m. Chilliwack has a 200yd, Mission has a 300M (I think?) and Ridgedale has something in that range.
    Most are not accepting members at this time.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

> Most are not accepting members at this time.

Ouch. Is this a seasonal thing, a covid thing, or just reflective of range popularity? What are the odds of a newbie getting range access this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ocoll View Post
    > Most are not accepting members at this time.

Ouch. Is this a seasonal thing, a covid thing, or just reflective of range popularity? What are the odds of a newbie getting range access this year?
    Most ranges in the lower mainland have a waiting list for membership, Chilliwack and Mission are the only ones I know of that are open to membership. Chilliwack has temporarily suspended new memberships due to Covid but should go back to normal soon I hope lol, I have no clue wether Mission is taking new members at the moment but you could give them a call
    The only good lefty is a Stag Arms lefty

Does anyone have any information or can point in the right direction for memberships? Im in the Langley area and was looking for a place just to hit some targets short and longer range once i get my PAL. Langley rod club looks like its mostly trap and skeet unless ive misread? Also some places dont talk about shotgun rules, im wanting a 18.5" barrel shotgun, ado most ranges have shotgun lanes?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmaiden39 View Post
    Does anyone have any information or can point in the right direction for memberships? Im in the Langley area and was looking for a place just to hit some targets short and longer range once i get my PAL. Langley rod club looks like its mostly trap and skeet unless ive misread? Also some places dont talk about shotgun rules, im wanting a 18.5" barrel shotgun, ado most ranges have shotgun lanes?
    I shoot at PCDHFC on Burke Mtn in Port Coquitlam. Not too bad of a drive for you. Range out to 200m. No specially hard rules for shotguns - slugs only AFAIK.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

If you are in Langley you should consider Chilliwack Fish and Game, they are currently accepting members and it’s only an hours drive for you tops. You can use your shotgun in the long range no problem. It’s also reasonably priced for a membership at around $150/yr.
    The only good lefty is a Stag Arms lefty

thank you! not bad at all! Sorry but whats AFAIK?

Awesome im gonna go check it out! thank you for the info!

CGN frequent flyer
    Hello from Ontario. I just wanted to pipe in and thank you for your effort, what a solid thing to do !

CGN frequent flyer
    thank you! not bad at all! Sorry but whats AFAIK?
    AFAIK As Far As I Know. YMMV Your Mileage May Vary.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.