Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536373839404142434446 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline681 View Post
    I go often to DVC
    let me know when you going again. I usually go there mon tue and thurs nite. haven't tried weeknd. Wonder if they are busy on weekend mornings

Quote Originally Posted by Mitche11 View Post
    Loking for people with a restricted license who wanted to do some drills with handgun and ar's in the salmon arm /Vernon area.

Thanks Greg
    we just had our first pistol night of the year (every thursday night at 6-630 start) at the Armstrong fish and game club, not competitive but lots of fun. PM me and if you want to check it out i could bring you as a guest if you aren't a member. Also do trap on wed nights.

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    No you can't buy a handgun without a membership, but I believe you can join Silvercore In Delta as a drop in member for about $30 if I'm not mistaken, check out their website, may be the solution you are looking for.
    That info is spot on. I did my CFSC through Silvercore and is how I knew to buy their membership that allowed me to buy my first gun (pistol) a few weeks ago. You buy it online and they email you the membership letter right away. For $30 it beats offers like The Range in Langley that offers no range privileges but costs $50.

However there are 2 things to note:
    1) Silvercore's info is old. They will also send you a partially filled out PDF for an ATT application. For first time license holders and restricted buyers, this is horribly confusing. I went to the trouble of filling it out and paying at Staples to fax it over - yeah, that's not how it's done anymore. You just need to buy your first restricted and that will kick off the ATT process. Just got my updated license with ATT conditions in the mail last night.
    2) If you are a first time restricted buyer, absolutely make sure that you phone the CFO the day after you get your gun transfer ref# from the store you bought it at. The reason is that unless the CFO knows your gun club membership, they are going to mail you a letter that's going to take a week to arrive in the mail, telling you that they can't proceed with the gun transfer until they have it. All this time you are bursting at the seams to go pick up your first (restricted) gun. To avoid unnecessary delays, just call them up, all casual like: "hey, just wanted to check if you got the transfer request, and is everything in order, do you need anything from me?" They can then tell you and you can email it to them directly.

Don't abuse this email address but this is where you can pro-actively send them the gun club membership letter. Be sure to put your PAL license number somewhere in the email and use the transfer reference number in the subject line: cfpcfounit@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
    Nobody who is still scared of the unknown around every corner is truly free. True freedom is using my firearm for sustenance and enjoyment. Stay strong, stay free #Nofear

Just wondering if anyone has taken the Silvercore Level 1 and 2 handgun courses and what your impressions were of the classes? Were they worth the money? It's fairly steep at $345 per course, and then the ammo that they ask you to bring.

Hi everyone,

I had my ATRS rifle for a while but never got the chance to shoot it. Anyone know of a place where I can practice shooting long range? Probably going to stop by the PoCo range and try shooting at 200m first then try to find a place to shoot further. I understand too that people don't want others to know of their special spot, so you can PM me too. Only thing I'm concerned is people said the range there is very busy and can be a long wait. I have a terrible work schedule so hard to find a good day to go.

I just got my hand gun too, a Glock 17. Going to be going to DVC a lot to shoot that. Hope to see you guys around sometime.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomiheko View Post
    Hi everyone,

I had my ATRS rifle for a while but never got the chance to shoot it. Anyone know of a place where I can practice shooting long range? Probably going to stop by the PoCo range and try shooting at 200m first then try to find a place to shoot further. I understand too that people don't want others to know of their special spot, so you can PM me too. Only thing I'm concerned is people said the range there is very busy and can be a long wait. I have a terrible work schedule so hard to find a good day to go.

I just got my hand gun too, a Glock 17. Going to be going to DVC a lot to shoot that. Hope to see you guys around sometime.
    Mission is the go to range for LR shooting locally. I believe it stretches out to 300yds (m?)
    Kamloops is another. They go to 1000.
    Not sure if either has a drop in fee or you need a member to bring you.
    Chilliwack goes to 240yds but you need a member.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has taken the Silvercore Level 1 and 2 handgun courses and what your impressions were of the classes? Were they worth the money? It's fairly steep at $345 per course, and then the ammo that they ask you to bring.
    I've done both their level 1&2 handgun courses, learned a lot and would recommend them.

Hi everyone. With the closures to popular shooting areas in the Fraser Valley, are there still some places close to Abbotsford where you could pull over and shoot a bit of shotgun? I'm not a member of a local club yet (still on the waiting list at AFGC, I hope since I haven't heard from them in a while), so I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying a shotgun to have fun with. I haven't shot in these areas before so I have very little reference point as to exactly where I can shoot now (new and old closures all combined in one map), and it's hard to tell on a wide aerial view, if there is any accessible area close by to go and enjoy a bit of shotgun shooting.
    Nobody who is still scared of the unknown around every corner is truly free. True freedom is using my firearm for sustenance and enjoyment. Stay strong, stay free #Nofear

Quote Originally Posted by jadebeer View Post
    Hi everyone. With the closures to popular shooting areas in the Fraser Valley, are there still some places close to Abbotsford where you could pull over and shoot a bit of shotgun? I'm not a member of a local club yet (still on the waiting list at AFGC, I hope since I haven't heard from them in a while), so I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying a shotgun to have fun with. I haven't shot in these areas before so I have very little reference point as to exactly where I can shoot now (new and old closures all combined in one map), and it's hard to tell on a wide aerial view, if there is any accessible area close by to go and enjoy a bit of shotgun shooting.
    I'm also waitlisted for AFGC membership the email I received says it will be May 2018 before new members are invited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfel View Post
    I would be up for some experienced people showing me some tips at the Mission & District Rod & Gun. Just waiting for my orientation session near the end of the month.
    currently working with pistols and rifles of various calibers.