New LCW 9mm Luger ammo $179.99 per case

I bought the 750 box. Shoots great and I used it in my Glock and didn't worry too much, but I didn't want to use it in my HK. Well today I was at the range and tried it in the P30 and with each shot sparks were flying out of the barrel. So Ill use it in my glock, but my good guns... not a chance.

Just a quick update, some friends that passed by the LCW facilities mentioned that they are unlikely to be operating any time soon (Russian rocket attacks and all that make for less than favourable working conditions when dealing with gun powder).

If anyone wants to help the Ukrainians, PM me, I'll be going back there in about 6 weeks time.

I bought the 750 box. Shoots great and I used it in my Glock and didn't worry too much, but I didn't want to use it in my HK. Well today I was at the range and tried it in the P30 and with each shot sparks were flying out of the barrel. So Ill use it in my glock, but my good guns... not a chance.

A friend of mine who shoots this out of his sp-01 shadow said the same thing. He decided not to use it on his CZ and only use it in the norinco instead just to be safe. I guess bi-metal does hurt ur Berrel after all.

Just a quick update, some friends that passed by the LCW facilities mentioned that they are unlikely to be operating any time soon (Russian rocket attacks and all that make for less than favourable working conditions when dealing with gun powder).

If anyone wants to help the Ukrainians, PM me, I'll be going back there in about 6 weeks time.

Going back there? Are you in the military or something.

Details please

Going back there? Are you in the military or something.

Just humanitarian efforts all around :)

As for LCW just about all the equipment from the facilities was 'forcefully relocated' to Russia...needless to say, won't see any ammo from there any time soon.

Interesting Quote from the test from the link..

"As indicated by accuracy testing, the steel cased/bimetal jacketed ammunition caused accelerated wear to the inside of their respective bores. While the barrel of the Federal carbine had plenty of life left, even after 10,000 rounds at extremely high rates of fire, the Wolf and Brown Bear barrels were subjected to the same rates of fire and were completely “shot out” by 6,000 rounds."

which means the bimetal bullets does more damage to your barrel then regular copper bullets...hmm..

Necro bump!!! ...but I just got some 650 rounds of LCW ammo and was reading on it.

Your post is correct but that is when dealing with RIFLE rounds...necked down cartridges at substantially higher pressure and muzzle velocity.

With 9mm...barrels should last practically forever and keep their standard pistol/SMG accuracy standards...the round simply isn't very high pressure nor does a pistol barrel get nearly as hot as a rifle one.

Last edited:
With our indoor range we have banned steel core ammo. Mainly surplus Tokarev 7.62 x 25 stuff. It was gouging our AR back stop, and the range inspector was not happy.

(Safe work grinding and welding lead smeared backstops BTW LOL)

Steel jacketed is no problem. While we can't screen Steel Clad vs Steel Core vs steel case, our membership has been good.

Use what ever you like on our outdoor range!

I have been reloading since I got back into center-fire pistol; predominantly manufactured cast lead; relaxing activity, good value, and accurate shooting too, and you won't live long enough to shoot out a barrel with it.

It sounds like great ammo, if you can use it; and if I was buying ammo, I certainly would give some of it a try.

Back
Top Bottom