Cz 858-2

I see. Ask Wolverine about his last 2 shipments of CZ858's that were deemed prohibited by the RCMP inspectors and why no more will be coming in to Canada.

Maybe there was something different about those receivers in those 2 shipments... we don't know as they won't tell Mr Wolverine.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. This topic has already been discussed to death. I won't be sh!tting my pants until I see it on the Prohib list, which has been down for more than a year. We thought something was happening a long time ago, still the list is down. It is conjecture that more firearms will be added, but again - we don't know as the list is still down.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/rp-eng.htm

Maybe we should lock this thread as nothing new has been added here...

Last edited:
Back again huh ? Nice pic.

I couldn't help myself.....but thanks, it was a fun deer hunt, even though I did not see any deer. All the hunt club members loved the CZ, they said it was so light, and comfortable to hold. Next year I will take it again. Lots of fun to carry in the forest. :)

The RCMP WONT prohib the 858 or the VZ,,,would be a PR nightmare,,,and insanely costly,,,and pointless,,since most owners are UN-registered,,,restricted guys may have problems since they are known,,,even then,,all you need to give them is the reciever,,,they will freak when they know what you can do with the parts,,,homemilled recievers will be done everywhere,,it's not like these old warhorses are very high tech,,a first year machinist apprentice can whip one out in no time,,,and with the CNC's now,,they would fly out of there,,LOL..all these pages of comments ans NOBODY has a shed of evidence but STILL instill on stiring up the pot,,,if you dont own a 858 or 58,,GO BUY ONE NOW,,,before sellers start jacking up prices,,,

BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!! The more the better....CSA are still imported are they not???? BUY BUY BUY!!!!
And for FMJ Shooter.....I know what you are going to say.....but I can't help myself....I am adding to this thread....I think I am addicted!

Nah I just went back and looked at the pic lol, she looks right at home in the forest like that. I will get a VZ if they start coming without all that plastic all over them, they look awful with the M4 stock. Were the VZ 58's always 900?

The thing that would piss me off if I owned an 858 that went prohib is that we never know how the RCMP made it full auto, and even if they showed us how they did it with their budget, why the hell would we do it. Not worth the risk of making a FA and losing everything.

sooo..... if a model of CZ 858-t2 is now listed as a Prohib... it is no different than having a fully auto cz 858... same charge is it not?? Sooo do we all put auto shears in??? it cant become anymore prohib???

Maybe there was something different about those receivers in those 2 shipments... we don't know as they won't tell Mr Wolverine.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. This topic has already been discussed to death. I won't be sh!tting my pants until I see it on the Prohib list, which has been down for more than a year. We thought something was happening a long time ago, still the list is down. It is conjecture that more firearms will be added, but again - we don't know as the list is still down.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/rp-eng.htm

Maybe we should lock this thread as nothing new has been added here...

Site says:

Important Notice

The Canadian Firearms Program fact sheets concerning the Firearms Act are currently being revised. Updated versions will be posted as soon as possible.

Important Notice
The Canadian Firearms Program fact sheets concerning the Firearms Act are currently being revised. Updated versions will be posted as soon as possible.

Been like that for a very long time, as I stated before. I was trying to check the status of the Zastava Skorpion when I first saw them for sale and the list was down (that was about 18 months ago). We were talking about it back then and was told it had been down for some time. Again, nothing new has been stated in this thread if you've actually been reading about the 858 issue.

Last edited:
Nah I just went back and looked at the pic lol, she looks right at home in the forest like that. I will get a VZ if they start coming without all that plastic all over them, they look awful with the M4 stock. Were the VZ 58's always 900?

I have a VZ-58 restricted that I bought in the first marstar shipment in 2005 or 2006 I think, for $595. I bought my NR CZ for $500 in 2006 from a fellow CGNer, and it was accurate to 200 yard gong at my range. And I am a lousy shot. I am thinking of buying another to be honest. Beautiful gun (not as nice as a FEG AK) but nice nonetheless. I never never ever had a jam on misfire in either gun. Always shot nicely. Truly enjoy them. Wish I was running around the forest again with the NR CZ hunting. Waiting for next November for deer.

Guy at the local gun shop bought a beautiful used CZ 858 NR for $575, wearing aftermarket rails and black furniture. Lots are around on the used market.

so little off topic but I'm looking to buy a vz858 should i buy a cz used or buy a csa brand new I'm leaning towards buying a used cz what do you guys think

btw i know the issues with csa vz i was just asking maybe an opinion from someone who owns both you know advice from the community

I went with the cz. Just heard to many issues to even consider a csa vz, but for each there own I guess.
I didn't like the fact so many new guns were crapping out. So I went with a used tried and true 858 hasn't done me wrong yet. As for it "possibly" being re classified....well I will deal with that if it happens.
Cheers

Last edited:
ok guys.....now we are really getting off topic, but I want to show you my 12.5 Hungarian AK-47 that I bought in 1994. Of course I still have it, and of course is works. I haven't shot it since C-10A April 2005. But I still ask the good Lord that one day, he will let me shoot it again. Up above is my VZ-58 restricted. Enjoy, and don't get your keyboard or monitor all sticky. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom