Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiappa M4 Uppers: Make your AR affordable to shoot, convert to .22 LR

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    We've sold quite a few of these and haven't had any complaints from customers on them, have had a couple of folks by two. I can't tell you personally as I haven't ran either these or the CCMG ones.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Upper should look like this:

Rail panels are bolt on. Not the best system, but I suppose they can be removed to reduce weight if desired.

I have a team mate who runs one. No issues with his.

Polit

Chiappa M4 Uppers: Make your AR affordable to shoot, convert to .22 LR

Are the hand guards milspec? Will they fit something like a drop-in DD Ergo rail?
    Or will the gas block come off to allow a low profile one and floating rail?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    Are the hand guards milspec? Will they fit something like a drop-in DD Ergo rail?
    Or will the gas block come off to allow a low profile one and floating rail?
    We'll have to wait for someone else to weigh in on that as I honestly have no idea.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Chiappa M4 Uppers: Make your AR affordable to shoot, convert to .22 LR

Right on. Definitely interested if they do. Was using an SR-22 on a carbine course for lack of an AR upper...and although the ergonomics may be very similar, the manual of arms is totally different. One of these would be a great alternative.

I have used my CMMG 22lr upper on a few courses. I then lent it to a friend who used it on a course. I will admit that you cannot do everything you can with a 223 but it is a great alternative. to feed the beast (lol its a .22) I bought CMMG 25rd mags from Brownells. they are really good mags. the only problem is i payed $25 for each of them from the states. i saw them on Wolverine's website for $25. I could have saved some good money on shipping. I have heard good reviews of black dog mags as well.

This is a great buy for any AR lover. I shoot mine at the range all the time. I hate spending money on 223 when I can shoot 500rds of 22lr for the price of 15rds of 223. I have read that people use them as a test platform for new accessories. That is one possibility. I like it cause I get to make another AR upper for half to a quarter of the price of a 223 upper. you can also use some airsoft grade items on it. I ran 2 firearm courses shooting over 2000rds before my magpul pts read sight broke. I was able to fix it after cause it just came apart in two.

TLDR: buy buy buy!
    "Guns are completely legal to own in Canada, unless someone sees you with one" - smak_daddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12