Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

Banned?

Quote Originally Posted by (((Echo))) View Post
    In what way?
    Fire away with your questions. The stupid question is the one not asked.

(E)
    what did he do to get banned? i sure hope it not spelling or grammer . if thats the case i will be on the chopping block

how long?

Just wondering how long is a newbie a newbie ?

New here. Just picked up a shotgun and a 17HMR. Building a 308 shortly. Looking for guys who want to do some shooting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    I'm on the lookout for a Savage M10 FMC Scout, is there anyone in Edmonton who owns one and would be willing to meet at the Phoenix Range or similar so I can get a hands on demonstration before I buy one for myself?

I've never shot using front-mounted optics, so I'm really curious as to whether it's something I'd like. I am interested in trying, as the Scout sounds like exactly what I'm looking for in a rifle; a sturdy middleground, rather than being a precision laser or metalstorm stick.

Thanks.

Hello everyone. New to this site been cruizing the AO forums for a few months just found this one. Seems like a great site with alot of locals getting together to share their knowledge.

About me. I am located in north Edmonton and am new to guns. I am 26 years old. Used bows growing up with my father and handguns at the range. However I am interested in long arms and especially getting into hunting. Not being from a hunting family I have nobody to teach me. So I am in search of a few new friends that share my similar interest. Would really like to find someone to mentor me in this field.

As of now I am waitting to take mt PAL at AHEIA as well as my hunters eduction class. Wanting to learn as much as I can. Even if I am unable to actually use a rifle this year I would enjoy the chance to get out there and see it happen first hand. Capable of heavy lifting, being quiet and most of all following instructions.

Also any help on what rifle would be suitable for me would be great. Have been looking at reviews for a Tikka T3. Wanting to hunt everything from coyotes to moose.

Anyways Im new here and to the sport so any help would be greatly appreciated. If I have said something incorrect please go easy. Thanks all, Kyle.

New to Calgary

Hi All,

A newbie in Calgary. What are the out door ranges around Calgary? What are the costs?

Have been out to the Public Range - its ok - but would like to know my options.

Going down to TSE this evening to take a look around. But would rather shoot outside.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by albertakyle View Post
    Hello everyone. New to this site been cruizing the AO forums for a few months just found this one. Seems like a great site with alot of locals getting together to share their knowledge.

About me. I am located in north Edmonton and am new to guns. I am 26 years old. Used bows growing up with my father and handguns at the range. However I am interested in long arms and especially getting into hunting. Not being from a hunting family I have nobody to teach me. So I am in search of a few new friends that share my similar interest. Would really like to find someone to mentor me in this field.

As of now I am waitting to take mt PAL at AHEIA as well as my hunters eduction class. Wanting to learn as much as I can. Even if I am unable to actually use a rifle this year I would enjoy the chance to get out there and see it happen first hand. Capable of heavy lifting, being quiet and most of all following instructions.

Also any help on what rifle would be suitable for me would be great. Have been looking at reviews for a Tikka T3. Wanting to hunt everything from coyotes to moose.

Anyways Im new here and to the sport so any help would be greatly appreciated. If I have said something incorrect please go easy. Thanks all, Kyle.
    Welcome. I'd offer to help but I'm really not much more experienced than you are, most I've done is helping to skin a moose or two.

As for rifle choice the general consensus seems to be a 20 caliber for small things like rabbits and coyote, and 30 caliber for larger things like deer and moose.
    However it's really up to personal preference and what you are hunting for. I believe one of the guys on here has a thread about rather cleanly taking a deer with a 22 fireball, and then I've seen people obliterate rabbits and leave pieces scattered all around with a 308. If you plan to hunt for meat/furs I'd recommend a smaller caliber with appropriate ammo choice. It will also keep ammo costs and weight down.

The most important part is probably getting educated about animal anatomy. Please don't be the guy who insists he needs a 336 lapua because animals don't die immediately when he shoots them in the gut.

If I happen to get my PAL and rifle before you get yours I'd be happy to meet up with you and make myself look like an idiot.

Hey I just moved out to Airdrie recently and looking for people/places to hunt yotes and gophers as well as target shooting. So far i've been making the one hour trip out to the homestead range and that is getting old pretty fast. Anyone that wants a hunting buddy after work or on weekends shoot me a pm, thanks.

If anyone ever wants to shoot some clays I got plenty of shotguns and a single shot clay shooter, more than the ones listed in my sig. 27 years old an I live in Edmonton. I shoot on a farm that I have written permission to access 24/7/365.

I enjoy camping, quading, dirt biking an most of all shooting firearms. PM me if anyone is interested. I am always willing to learn from others and will teach others what little I do know. Open to sharing my firearms but prefer if you have your own.

Hello,

I live in Calgary and really not sure where to go shooting outside...Ive been researching places such as crown land or Homestead ect. If anyone is going shooting and doesn't mind having me tag along let me know. I have my own firearms and vehicle as well.

I would love to try 3-gun also....looks like a lot of fun and extremely competitive

Cheers,

Jordan