Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

Hey, in Lethbridge area. Gonna go for RPAL and hopefully get a range membership soon!
    Feel free to PM me for whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkman View Post
    Hey, in Lethbridge area. Gonna go for RPAL and hopefully get a range membership soon!
    Feel free to PM me for whatever.
    I'm in Lethbridge myself and at the range all the time. feel free to PM me if you'd like to go shootin'!
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

Just wondering if any one has been to the Genesee gun range in the past year or so. Idlike to know your thoughts on it and what kind of length the ranges are. Thanks

Looks like this thread has all but dried up.... but I will drop a post regardless. I am new to the forum, and fairly new to shooting (usual Alberta thing, shooting on the farm as a youth) and recently got my PAL and going for my RPAL shortly. I am looking to learn more about pistols and some good technique. I have some friends who have done the IPSC course and once I get my RPAL and spend some quality time with the pistol I am going to purchase and get comfortable with it, I will do the course as well, but I wanted to get a head start and spend some time perfecting some skills. I have done a couple range visits solo, but would like to start going more often.

Thanks everyone!

BANNED
    Hi everyone, my name is Andrew. Just wondering if anyone has a norinco cqb I could try and even better if anyone has a cmmg conversion/ dedicated upper I could also try? I'm really short and are abit worried about the recoil.I've tried a bushmaster and the recoil was more than my friends sub 2K.
    I'm in the Calgary area and have land to shoot on and also have a range membership.
    Thanks Andrew

Hi there looking for a gunsmith in Calgary area to take a look at bl .22 that doesn't wanna fire! Please make any suggestions or email me at username at gmail dot com.

Hi there. I'm in western Edmonton, and wouldn't mind having a mentor, or even just someone that would let me use their firearms until I get a taste for what I want to actually purchase. Shoot me an email at icestorm1994 at gmail dot com

CGN frequent flyer
    Hey Everyone,

I am new to the shooting scene and am looking for someone to show me the ropes/give me some guidance. I have emailed a couple of clubs and have had very disheartening responses (either they are full/not accepting members, are not set up for helping newcomers, or no longer exist). I have a Remington 700 in .308 on the way (should be here and ready to go early 2013) and am interested in precision shooting. I am aware that the Sibbald range is free and I do plan on using that but seeing as it is only 100 yards (and apparently a disaster) I would prefer something else.

I would be willing to pay for gas/beers/lunch/rounds whatever it takes to get some help in this sport.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Hi all. My name is Simon, while I am patiently waiting for my PAL I thought I will start looking at which club/ range I should join in te Edmonton area. The one that really caught my attention was the CHAS which allows members to shoot at Phoenix and Genesee. However you need a member to sponsor and since I am totally new and not knowing anyone I couldn't consider this club for the time being. Next is the Sherwood Park Fish n Wildlife which I understand is very busy and may not even be accepting new members. I would love to join Phoenix but have difficulties coughing up the $400 plus. I am just looking into the drayton valley, Camrose and spruce grove but thought I will ask those who has gone thru same thing and see which way you decided to go. Tia. Simon
    Someone mentioned in another thread about getting your ltatt with Edmonton shooting guild then just go to Zphoenix and pay as you go, is that an option? I would imagine at some point Phoenix will insist that you to become a member. Anyone got any insight advise?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    I have a membership with SPFGA, but I go to Phoenix and just pay the drop in fee. It's a lot closer to home, and a comfortable temperature in the winter. From what I have experienced, they have no problem letting people do this and it would not surprise me if it accounts for a large percent of their income. If they started demanding that people buy memberships after X amounts of visits they would lose lots of money. Plenty of people can afford and justify 22 bucks, multiple times per year, less people can afford $475 or whatever it is nowadays. Even counting the cost of my SPFGA membership and my drop in fees, I've still saved almost $200 this year. Granted, I'm going to look into getting a Phoenix membership because I want to get competitive and start going at least once a week rather than once every few months.

I've met a few of the people from CHAS, they seem like good folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonw View Post
    Hi all. My name is Simon, while I am patiently waiting for my PAL I thought I will start looking at which club/ range I should join in te Edmonton area. The one that really caught my attention was the CHAS which allows members to shoot at Phoenix and Genesee. However you need a member to sponsor and since I am totally new and not knowing anyone I couldn't consider this club for the time being. Next is the Sherwood Park Fish n Wildlife which I understand is very busy and may not even be accepting new members. I would love to join Phoenix but have difficulties coughing up the $400 plus. I am just looking into the drayton valley, Camrose and spruce grove but thought I will ask those who has gone thru same thing and see which way you decided to go. Tia. Simon
    Someone mentioned in another thread about getting your ltatt with Edmonton shooting guild then just go to Zphoenix and pay as you go, is that an option? I would imagine at some point Phoenix will insist that you to become a member. Anyone got any insight advise?
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.