Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

I was hoping to get into long range precision shooting now that I've received my PAL, but all the rifle clubs around Calgary are currently closed for new members. I put my name on the wait list for a couple of clubs; in the meanwhile, I will go plinking to crown land. Looking for some shooters to go shooting with.

Anyone have any favorite Crownland spots to go shooting within a couple hours of Edmonton?

Wondering if there is someone in the Cochrane/Calgary area that would be open to letting me join them on their hunt this fall??

I'm interested in getting into hunting but am taking it slow.
    I'm in good shape and would gladly pass along a 6pk of your favorite guzzle for some of your knowledge.

Please pm me

Maybe further than you are looking for, but Nordegg River Road, west of Drayton Valley. I drove by what appeared to be an abandoned gravel pit on the south side of the road a few weeks ago. Did not drop a pin so don't have an exact location.

Alternatively, there's a spot a little deeper in to the foothills where you get a line of sight out to 500-700m or more, shooting in to hill sides. Take a look at 52.688984, -116.274239.

Enjoy.

Is anyone willing to sponsor new member for Buffalo Target Shooting Association near Calgary/southern AB. Been on the waitlist for CDTSA, but heard it could be up to 2 years.

Hi all. Well it’s been 8 years and I’m back at it. Now that they banned ar’s which would have been my go to build so now I’m looking for something similar to build out but not sure what to look at any more. also if there are any distance folks I’d also love to learn and would take any advice for where to even start that. I’m located near Edmonton and just don’t know where to go anymore!

hi, new to the site, and wondering if anyone knows of some land north of edmonton that would be good to go blast clays or sight in rifles.

Hi all, still figuring out the crownland spots but have shot guns for a while. want some buddies to go with, hit me up!

I'm in Edmonton and shoot at the Canadian Historical Arms Society range at Genessee on a weekly basis when the weather is above freezing. I tend towards the sexy "black" guns which are now nearly verboten in Canada. If there are any still legal to discharge that interest you, give me a holler via PM to arrange a link-up. I can also assist with zeroing optics and basic long-range shooting with Kestral, etc...
    Last edited by Bartok5; 01-12-2023 at 10:26 PM.
    Mark C

Decided to finally get started with shooting and hunting as an adult, having been part of a non-shooting family as a kid - hoping to do a lot more cooking with game meat in the future. Looking for some more experienced people around Calgary to shoot/hunt with, more than happy to chip in with gas/ammo/grunt work for the learning opportunity!