Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

Hey guys,

Fairly new to shooting and would love to connect with someone to show me the ropes.
    i'm interested in firing any rifle but especially WWII surplus...a Garand or Moisen Nagant would make my day! I'll pay for ammo of course...any advice would be appreciated for a new, old guyy like me. Thank you.

Mark

Hey Mark, I'm new to the shooting sports as well. Where abouts are you in the province?
    If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
    - Red Green

Anyone one in edmonton want to take a newb out? I have shot a few guns and the different ranges in the city but im looking for of the AR15 style guns. Would like to try one before I buy one. lol

CGN Regular
    Hello everyone,

I'm studying for the PAL and RPAL currently, with the eventual goal of hunting. I'd love to get out to the range in the meantime to try out various calibers ranging from .243 to .30-06 to try and get a feel for what rifle I might like to buy once I have my PAL/RPAL.

I'm in the Calgary area and am open to shooting whenever I am, and whoever it is that would be accompanying me is, available.

Also, I'm interested in shooting really anything. From pistols, to shotguns, to milsurp etc etc.

Thanks in advance,

:D

Anyone in Fort McMurray willing to help out a newbie?

hello gun nuts, I call whitecourt home for now, in the safe got sig 9mm blackwater, sig 9mm elite, 10/22 target, savage 22 HP,303 savage (not british),2-300wthrby mag 1 accumark, .444 marlin,30-06 rem pump that kicks like a mule,30-06 garande, numerous shotguns, and G3 a big bad safe queen ,starting a couple AR projects just need to find the right uppers. anybody around here wanna go shoot the hell out sumthing? well you know what to do
    Last edited by live4therut; 06-17-2009 at 01:06 AM.
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”

You can shoot with me

Just posting saying I'm in Edmonton and willing to take people out to shoot provided you reimburse me for my ammo and pay for your range usage. $3 and a long drive and a kick ass outdoor range or $30 and in town at a decent range.

Expect to spend about $50-$70 for a good afternoon of shooting. Also the drive will be a bit long from Edmonton to the good range.

Here is a list of my guns and what I'm charging for ammo, the cost of the ammo right now (obviously subject to change) and it also includes a bit for my time to clean the thing after we're done.

Sure there is cheaper ammo but I tend not to buy the cheapest ammo because I've found it's not worth it. If you want to shoot crappy cheap ammo let me know and we can do that provided you buy and shoot a whole box and pay for it and the tax and $3 for my time to clean the gun after.

The shot minimum is if you want to use that gun. If you only want to shoot the 10/22 you don't have to buy ammo for anything else. If you want to shoot the M-14S you have to buy 10 shots for it, you don't have to use em all but you can't keep the ammo you don't shoot without a PAL.

Norinco M-14S
    Semi-Automatic military style rifle
    Shoots .308 Winchester
    $1.33 must buy 10 shots minimum

H&R Pardner
    Single shot break action sawed off (legal) shotgun
    Shoots 12gauge 2.75" shells
    $1.30 (slugs) must buy 3 shots minimum or
    $0.63 (bird shot) must buy 10 shots minimum

Ruger 10/22
    Semi-automatic sporting rifle
    Shoots .22 Long Rifle
    $0.08/shot must buy 50 shots minimum

Ruger 22/45
    Semi-automatic handgun
    Shoots .22 Long Rifle
    $0.08/shot must buy 50 shots minimum

Norinco 1911A1
    Semi-automatic handgun
    Shoots .45 Automatic Colt Pistol
    $0.63/shot must buy 25 shots minimum

Hi I live in Calgary, I am a newbie definately intereseted in going out shooting with anyone who has guns......my interests are long range, handguns (1911s) and AR-15s. Let me know if you have time to go out and shoot just PM thanks!

I just moved to Edmonton, Alberta from Ontario and I am looking to go shooting. I would like to try a 1911 in .45ACP and something in .32ACP. I would pay for the ammunition. PM me if you can help me out.

Hey, I thought I might as well contribute and introduce myself.

I've an Edmonton CGN member. I don't post much but have been reading this forum for a few months now. I just got my RPAL and am awaiting my memberships to come in before picking up some toys.

I look forward to meeting some more enthusiast in the area!