Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

there is pheonix range in edmonton too.
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

Was just issued my RPAL license, just waiting on it in the mail. So I can go pick up my rifle. Anyone in the Medicine Hat Area willing to show a newbie around the Medicine Hat Rifle and Revolver club? Or another range nearby let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlactin View Post
    Was just issued my RPAL license, just waiting on it in the mail. So I can go pick up my rifle. Anyone in the Medicine Hat Area willing to show a newbie around the Medicine Hat Rifle and Revolver club? Or another range nearby let me know.
    I'd be happy to show ya around our range in lethbridge if you felt like taking the drive over here.
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!

I am looking to get into the tactical side of shooting. I am going to be picking up an AR of some kind soon. I currently have a .45 Springfield XD. I have taken a couple courses so far. I am interested in taking courses that would include transitioning from primary to secondary and vice versa, moving and shooting, etc. within Canada and the US. Eventually I'd like to get into re-loading.
    I live in Edmonton and wouldn't mind working with someone who has experience in these areas and practices at and is familiar with Edmonton area ranges.

I bought a Savage Model 114 American Classic in the 7mm mag last september (2010). I am having problems with the recoil. It has the Savage accutrigger and is 7.75 lbs. Is there any advice or is anyone looking for one? I am open to reasonable offers.

Hi everyone, I'm 17 and interested in trying a wide variety of firearms to assist me in getting started hunting. I don't have much experience, but have taken my hunter training and firearms safety courses. If anyone would be willing to teach me I'd really appreciate it!

Where are ya, albertas a big place lol
    Originally Posted by bone-collector
    maybe use a barnes turnip they would have better BC than a spud

Quote Originally Posted by seanjj View Post
    I bought a Savage Model 114 American Classic in the 7mm mag last september (2010). I am having problems with the recoil. It has the Savage accutrigger and is 7.75 lbs. Is there any advice or is anyone looking for one? I am open to reasonable offers.
    Suggest you get permission to get on the Equipment Exchange page and put it up for sale.
    My assault rifle self-identifies as a flintlock.
    If you want to reduce obesity, banning spoons is pointless.
    If you self-identify by your victimhood, you condemn yourself to remaining a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by ndb86 View Post
    I'd be happy to show ya around our range in lethbridge if you felt like taking the drive over here.
    I live in Lethbridge and would love it. I hope to have my AR by mid october.

Zuggy

Quote Originally Posted by Zuggy View Post
    I live in Lethbridge and would love it. I hope to have my AR by mid october.

Zuggy
    PM me if you like and want to go out to the range! I'd be happy to take ya out.