Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

In Edmonton Have a Glock 17 Gen 4 and also an SKS. Feel free to pm me if you want to try one.

CGN Regular
    In Edmonton, Bonnie-Doon, have 2 almost grown sons, they will never be grown up, there father never has. lol

Have a couple of toys,
    Berretta U-22, 22lr
    CZ-75, 9mm
    NZ 1911A1, 45 ACP
    12 & 20 gauge Mosburg Shotguns, both pumps
    12g CIL single shot shotgun
    SKS, 7.62 X 39
    303 British
    Winchester, 30-30
    22lr in semi, bolt, lever, .....

Been around bang sticks most of my life, know only about 2% of what I should. Shoot pistol at Phenix when time permits, shiftworker. Youngest wants to start hunting, most likely in the Bonnyville / Cold Lake area.

Looking for a good outdoor range within an hour unless there is camping facilities.

Willing to shoot with anyone, maybe you can teach me more...

Looking to start getting my first rifle but not sure of the caliber I want yet. If there is anyone around the Calgary area that would go to a range and let me try out a few different ones out let me know I would be very interested in setting something up.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2012 View Post
    Looking to start getting my first rifle but not sure of the caliber I want yet. If there is anyone around the Calgary area that would go to a range and let me try out a few different ones out let me know I would be very interested in setting something up.
    PM me.

Think about what you are wanting to do with your new rifle. Is it just to learn how to shoot? Are you intending to lean towards target shooting? Hunting? and if so, what beasts?
    My assault rifle self-identifies as a flintlock.
    If you want to reduce obesity, banning spoons is pointless.
    If you self-identify by your victimhood, you condemn yourself to remaining a victim.

BANNED
    32yo sotra newbie looking for someone to shoot with in the Calgary area. Would like to learn AR tactical shooting. Have a savage btvs for long distance and a new mossberg tactical. 22 for short range. Have an acreage so no shooting range fee. However when very cold, willing to shoot at Edge or the Centre.
    Please pm me.

Hey all,

I am an absolute Newbie with no experience, but am interested in getting out and learning, looking for someone to shoot with in the Calgary area. Also if anyone has tips for someone with no experience that would be great.

Thanks

BANNED

Calgary Shooting centre cinema range

Hi my name is Andrew. Just looking for a few people to try the cinema range @ the Calgary shooting centre.
    Yes I'm a cheap skate!!!!! $60 bucks for 15 mins is alot.
    But when 2-4 of us pay, it helps.
    I've never tried it but I'd like to before I spend the money and buy a membership please!!!!!!
    Thanks Andrew

I'm new in Edmonton (North side of Edmonton) and am looking for a range to join. When I do, it wouldn't be bad to que up with a couple people and make a range day of it.
    Send a message my way if you're interested. I'm not new to shooting, but I'm not a master of it either. I'd be the first to tell you that (I believe I just did :D ).

I currently shoot:

.303 Lee-Enfield;
    7.62 SKS;
    .22 semi-auto;
    .22 bolt action; and
    12ga Remington 870

Hello all,
    I am VERY much a newbie to guns (feel free to read that as 'green as fresh spring grass'!!) and have inherited 4 long guns from my dad. Got my FAC, but really need lessons, everything from how to clean & maintain them properly, to practice/lessons on proper usage, what to ad to them (ex. scopes) etc.
    Anyone around the Camrose area that would be willing to help out?
    Or can anyone recommend a gun club, shooting range etc in the area?
    Any and all help is MUCH appreciated, I totally get that having guns & not knowing how to use them properly and safely is as bad/worse then not having any at all...
    Thanks,
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Fletcher View Post
    Hello all,
    I am VERY much a newbie to guns (feel free to read that as 'green as fresh spring grass'!!) and have inherited 4 long guns from my dad. Got my FAC, but really need lessons, everything from how to clean & maintain them properly, to practice/lessons on proper usage, what to ad to them (ex. scopes) etc.
    Anyone around the Camrose area that would be willing to help out?
    Or can anyone recommend a gun club, shooting range etc in the area?
    Any and all help is MUCH appreciated, I totally get that having guns & not knowing how to use them properly and safely is as bad/worse then not having any at all...
    Thanks,
    Susan
    Welcome to CGN, ma'am. You've taken the first steps and I'm sure you'll enjoy what follows. Sorry that I'm not convenient to Camrose.
    My assault rifle self-identifies as a flintlock.
    If you want to reduce obesity, banning spoons is pointless.
    If you self-identify by your victimhood, you condemn yourself to remaining a victim.