Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

figured I'd throw my hat into the 'berta ring. Hope to connect with some of you fine folks

Hello everyone! I'm a new shooter who just moved to Calgary. I have a hunting rifle and shotgun. Would you please tell me which range's membership is worth getting? I'm really looking forward to learning tricks from all of you veterans! Please PM me! Thank you and have a good one!

I'm in Edmonton.

Is there any place or anybody here willing to inspect my SKS? Bought if off a friend. They hadn't shot it in a while. Just want to confirm it's safe and properly put together. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tmfms View Post
    I'm in Edmonton.

Is there any place or anybody here willing to inspect my SKS? Bought if off a friend. They hadn't shot it in a while. Just want to confirm it's safe and properly put together. Thanks!
    I'd be willing to lend you a hand. We could meet up at Phoenix Indoor Range, or outdoors (on a +0C weather day) at the CHAS Range Gennessee, or at my home in the Edmonton area. I am retired, so scheduling is not usually a problem for me. Just let me know when and where you would be available. So long as wherever you want to meet up is wheelchair friendly, we would be good to go! PM me if interested.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 11-25-2023 at 04:31 PM.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I'd be willing to lend you a hand. We could meet up at Phoenix Indoor Range, or outdoors (on a +0C weather day) at the CHAS Range Gennessee, or at my home in the Edmonton area. I am retired, so scheduling is not usually a problem for me. Just let me know when and where you would be available. So long as wherever you want to meet up is wheelchair friendly, we would be good to go! PM me if interested.
    Hello, thank you for your offer. I sent you a PM.

Anyone a member of Nosehills Gun Club in southern AB? I am intrigued by their large ranges and even trenches! So cool! Is it as cool of a place as I think it is?

Useful info thanks

i'm 28 and from edmonton, I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any good safe spots to go shooting on crown land preferably within an hr of the city. i would be more then happy to meet up for a shooting session pm me thanks. :D

Hey guys, I'm 29, moved my family from Ontario to Edmonton this summer, relatively new to hunting and firearms as well. I've had my PAL for 8 years, but only been out a couple times a year to shoot. Wondering if there's a group of members that meets up. Whether it's long range, target, or clays I'd love to hang out and learn from some experienced shooters. I have a .22LR rifle, 12 gauge, 6.5 Creedmore, and T97.

Quote Originally Posted by thatgoodnight View Post
    Hey guys, I'm 29, moved my family from Ontario to Edmonton this summer, relatively new to hunting and firearms as well. I've had my PAL for 8 years, but only been out a couple times a year to shoot. Wondering if there's a group of members that meets up. Whether it's long range, target, or clays I'd love to hang out and learn from some experienced shooters. I have a .22LR rifle, 12 gauge, 6.5 Creedmore, and T97.
    I attend the CHAS Range at Genessee once a week when the weather is above freezing. You'd be welcome to hang out with me on the 800m range, where you can shoot steel from 100-800m with your T97 and 6.5 CM. You can shoot your .12ga on the 50m range, along with your .22LR. There is also a 100m Rifle Range, a 25m Pistol/PCC Range, Clays Range, etc.
    Mark C