Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

I'm new to the site, but been shooting for a year, and have some guns any newBs in the Calgary area are more than welcome to come shoot down at the Edge.

Walther and Woodsman .22lr pistols, HK, Taurus and Ruger 9mms, S&W .38/357 Magnum, couple tactical 12 guages, tactical SKS, scoped .22 bolt action and a few more.

ECHO

Is That Your Cat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wink

stephy ill show you how to shoot that BBgun......

anyone else ?

maybe retro-steve could do with a lesson or too from yours truly!....

But seriously in Calgary always willing to give help when needed, need some new blood at the Edge its all OLD MEN..hahaahah
    The right to Bear arms and the right to arm Bear's

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborn_69

The Genesee range seems to be the weekend hangout for newbies since a lot of CGN'ers seem to go there very often.
    I have intentions to go on monday the 19th or tuesday 20th. Anyone gonna be around? Be shooting 10/22 and a CZ 858.
    And er...where is genesee? CHAS website did not tell me...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dav
    Anyone gonna be around? Be shooting 10/22 and a CZ 858.
    And er...where is genesee? CHAS website did not tell me...
    The range is about 1h South West of the city..700M range & then some.

were to get my pal

anybody know any good places to go and get my pal i live in hinton alberta but i travel to edmonton alot if you know of anybody that gives the test. or if you give the test e mail me at stephenholland@hotmail.com. oh an hello first time on the sight

Course books??

Hey

Totally new to shooting, taking my PAL and stuff soon, but I see now after going through this forum and others that there is more to it then just goin to the class and learning it all there. Can anyone help me out? Maybe someone has their old book I could borrow for a couple of weeks to learn up on all that needs to be known? That would be great.

Thanks,
    Eva

Hey Eva, you can get both PAL safety manuals online over in the legalese forum they are the 10th sticky down !! Also ask any questions and introduce yourself, the only stupid question is the un-asked one....

Howdy. I'm a new shooter, from Edmonton. Family guy in my mid-40's. I have an old .22 I've shot years ago, but am now interested in handguns. I've taken the safety course and sent off my PAL application.

I've put about 250 rounds thru various 9mm's at Wild West and Phoenix, trying to narrow down what feels and shoots good for me (and, as it turns out, working my way out of a flinch). Heavily inclined towards a CZ SP-01 Shadow as my first purchase (((EDIT: BOUGHT ONE))). Might be interested in IPSC but before I do I want to be able to make a decent showing on the range.

Also probably going to hunt for the first time, so have some learning to do about rifles.

I'm very interested in learning about reloading, and the hobby in general. Wouldn't mind meeting some of you at the range(s).
    Last edited by Redhouse; 08-10-2007 at 01:31 AM.

I'm from up in Fort McMurray. Would be happy to take anyone interested in target shooting out to the range as a guest. We can fire .22 rifles, shotgun (yes, I have a small clay pigeon thrower), my Enfield, M1 Garand or the .22 handgun...

It's always great to see new people interested in the sport.