Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

Which range are you going to join Jackolo?

Outdoor Long Shooting Ranges

Hi, I live in Calgary and a member at the TSE . I am interested in learning more about long range shooting and precision rifles. Are there any 200 yard plus outdoor ranges near Calgary or clubs I can join? If anyone is willing to teach a newbie about rifles and help me select my first rifle, please PM me. Thanks Allan

Quote Originally Posted by FiveBillionAcres View Post
    Which range are you going to join Jackolo?
    I just got my membership to the C.H.A.S. Range in Genesse and I'm doing range orientation at Spruce Grove on Sunday.
    -Jack

Does anyone in or around Edmonton have a Tavor or P226 they would be willing to let my friend who is a teacher shoot? I think we need more teachers who shoot and for whatever reason those are two guns he really wants to try. I don't have anything interesting to entice you to come shooting with us other than the promise of some ammo.

I have a p226 you can try. It's my baby. I have a fair bit of other stuff that might raise interest also (but no Tavor).

You can rent a p226 (pretty sure Phoenix has one) if you want also.

Feel free to email me if you want - I'm in Edmonton. slikboy at shaw dot ca

Looking for reloading expert

I am thinkig of getting into reloading my own ammo (7.62x 39, 7.62 x 54r and 303). Is there anyone in the Edmonton/Wetaskiwin/Camrose region willing to teach?

I'm going to be getting a 1911, most likely a Kimber custom II for my own graduation present.

Graduating U of A with a degree in biological sceinces.

So somebody with some know how with how I can tweak this bad boy, places to get parts/ammo blah blah blah would be awesome.

Maybe even a few pointers on how to shoot the damn thing
    You can use a rifle as a doorjamb or paperweight, but that's not what it's designed for. It's not what the rifle, in its soul, longs to do.

Howdy from Calgary. Someone with experience ith ARs: What the heck is the difference between normal AR gas system & the MLGS(mid length gas system) and how do I tell the difference
    Math: Failure x N = Success

how do I buy ruger 10/22 accesories in Alberta. Is this just a forum site or can you actually buy somthing???

If you ask for access to the exchange forums you may find something. Anything for sale here is just private deals, think classifieds. You may also have good luck ordering from some of the sponsors, their links are all the banners at the top of the page.