Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 717192021222324252627

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

I'll definitely take you up on that when weather is permitting, I'll send you a private message

CGN frequent flyer NZClaybuster's Avatar
    We will be shooting orps at my acreage north of Airdrie. Weather depending. please let me know if you are interested.
    Jason
    Check out the Canadian National Sporting Clays Association
    http://www.cnsca.ca/

Newbie looking for mentor

Hi, I am signed up for my course for Feb 3rd in Red Deer, once i get my PAL it would be great if there is someone willing to show me the ropes at any of the close by ranges. I am not a complete new with guns, I've owned a couple in the past and I've competed in the beginners category in 22 LR and shotgun clay pigeons. I've been at the Rocky mountain club as a guest of a friend of a friend but his job takes him away for most of the year. I've also rented guns at the west Edmonton mall range, Calgary shooting centre and Red Deer Shooting centre when they used to allow unlicensed walk ins.

Hi all!

I am looking for some people I can bounce ideas off of, get advice, and occasionally meet up with for going to the range or out to a field and having some fun.

At the risk of making this sound like a dating profile, I am doing this as a way to bond with my teenage daughters. I just recently got both my PAL and RPAL, and am now sending away for the PAL for one of my daughters. While I do have a little experience with firearms, I think it is easier to just start from square one with us.

I have purchased a couple firearms, a TM22 and an SKS. We are learning on the TM22 for now, but, if I understand things correctly, most of the surplus SKS ammo out there is steel core and thus not allowed at the ranges here in Calgary, so we won't get to use that until we can find a place that will allow it.

I personally want to learn clay/skeet/trap shooting as well. So people that are willing to take the time (and have inexhaustible patience) to teach me about it would be awesome too.

I do take safety pretty seriously. I am not much of a drinker (occasional beers), and thats about it. I don't have issues with other things, just not my cup of tea.

Anyways, if there is anyone out there willing to take my kid and I under their proverbial wing, please reach out!