Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Sask.

Well you got the right caliber to get started. Practice does make good shooters great. A way to keep things interesting is to use reactive targets. If you get a buddy to shoot with you can get a rimfire race tree to compete against each other for speed and accuracy. Keep on it bud, it will happen!!!!!!!!
    Protect our freedoms and fight for our new found rights and the ones we still do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewz View Post
    Well you got the right caliber to get started. Practice does make good shooters great. A way to keep things interesting is to use reactive targets. If you get a buddy to shoot with you can get a rimfire race tree to compete against each other for speed and accuracy. Keep on it bud, it will happen!!!!!!!!
    That's part of the problem. I don't know anyone locally who has anything to shoot with, and a few of the guys I know shouldn't be trusted with a spork let alone a gun.

Nor do I know of any ranges around except the SWF range, and according to their website, bringing non members is a no no. Shooting alone just doesn't seem like as much fun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter ----/'s Avatar
    Hello quicksand. You can also try Saskatoon gun works range as well.
    Once the weather starts to get a little warmer, I will be renewing my large bore membership at the SWF. It is a nice range but gets awfully busy in the fall.

Let me know if you have any questions?
    Completed the HST level 1 & 2 pistol operator courses.

For those who will ask "How far is too far?"
    - The answer: "When the barrel obstructs the view through your scope, that's too far."
    ~Jerry Teo

I'm in the Saskatoon area, new to the forum, not so new to guns, but haven't been able to keep up with the most recent guns, and laws, so I'm looking for people in the area to lend their wisdom. Cheers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter ----/'s Avatar
    Welcome!!!

We'll all try and do our best to help you out.
    Completed the HST level 1 & 2 pistol operator courses.

For those who will ask "How far is too far?"
    - The answer: "When the barrel obstructs the view through your scope, that's too far."
    ~Jerry Teo

Anyone have access to land around Regina? I only have one friend with some pasture land but I want to go out more...so if you have some land, some gophers to get rid of and want some help, I'd be more than willing to help!
    LibertySon
    ~ An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the only defense against tyranny~
    ~ Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies ~
    ~ Never break two laws at once ~
    ~ Utopian wishes are dreams destined to turn into nightmares ~

New to handgun sports and looking info on range qualifying (club admin. not very forthcoming). What is CF/RF slow, timed & rapid fire?

Anyone in the Toontown area up for some target practice?
    Better an armed citizen than an unarmed statistic
    MEMBER: CCFR,CSSA

CGN Regular
    I am in Estevan area, always looking to meet new shooter and friends. I dont know it all, but do know some, and always wanting to know more. Any others in this area interested pm me.
    work will wait while you show your child a rainbow, the rainbow will not wait while you work

smokechecker pm sent

Hey Sask guys, I live in Regina, I just got my RPal and now I'm trying to find a place to get a membership to, so that I can actually purchase a pistol. I heard that you cannot get the transfer or ATT if you can't show the CFO proof of membership. Where's a range I can join without having a person pistol to shoot?
    LibertySon
    ~ An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the only defense against tyranny~
    ~ Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies ~
    ~ Never break two laws at once ~
    ~ Utopian wishes are dreams destined to turn into nightmares ~