Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Manitoba

Hello folks. Just started up my gun hobby again. Haven’t been out shooting in a few years and just recently heard about the tiger 10/22 magazine thing. Who knows what else I have missed!! I got into firearms in 2013 and purchased a few cheap ones. Then I went to hunt a couple times. Managed to get some prairie chickens with a friend who took me to north of sedans corner. I usually went shooting in the pits near there back in 2013/2014 but haven’t gone hunting or shooting since.

I’m looking to get back into a bit of target shooting, learn some more about fire arms and if any new laws have made anything illegal, and I would also love to go hunting for deer come the season. I don’t really know anyone else that hunts/ shoots in Winnipeg anymore since my friend moved. I’m also going to the Stone wall gun auction in March, hoping to see some cool stuff.

So yeah I’m not really sure what I’m specifically looking for? Haha just to meet some people with similar interests, do some shooting, find somewhere that’s possibly closer than Sedans corner, possibly go hunting in the future, and learn more about firearms.

I guess if this thread is still active, shoot me a private message and I hope to check my notifications. Still learning how the site works even though I have been on it for a while. Haven’t figured it all out yet.

Cheers

I'm newbie here. And honestly I would like to be part into this thread. Hope I'll get some ideas and knowledge. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kecmama View Post
    Hello folks. Just started up my gun hobby again. Haven’t been out shooting in a few years and just recently heard about the tiger 10/22 magazine thing. Who knows what else I have missed!! I got into firearms in 2013 and purchased a few cheap ones. Then I went to hunt a couple times. Managed to get some prairie chickens with a friend who took me to north of sedans corner. I usually went shooting in the pits near there back in 2013/2014 but haven’t gone hunting or shooting since.

I’m looking to get back into a bit of target shooting, learn some more about fire arms and if any new laws have made anything illegal, and I would also love to go hunting for deer come the season. I don’t really know anyone else that hunts/ shoots in Winnipeg anymore since my friend moved. I’m also going to the Stone wall gun auction in March, hoping to see some cool stuff.

So yeah I’m not really sure what I’m specifically looking for? Haha just to meet some people with similar interests, do some shooting, find somewhere that’s possibly closer than Sedans corner, possibly go hunting in the future, and learn more about firearms.

I guess if this thread is still active, shoot me a private message and I hope to check my notifications. Still learning how the site works even though I have been on it for a while. Haven’t figured it all out yet.

Cheers
    Depending on where you live in the city, Mars Sandhills might be closer than Seddon's. I eventually got sick of the drive, and joined the Winnipeg Revolver and Pistol Association.

Going to head to the indoor range for my first time tonight. I'd offer to bring you along, but they don't allow guests at the indoor range.

Hi guys, just bought my first gun, and I have never owned one before. I got a Wk 180c and have so many questions and need tips. I live in Winnipeg where can I go to ask questions? WHo can help me? I need Black Rifle Training is there a place that offers this.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyD View Post
    Hi guys, just bought my first gun, and I have never owned one before. I got a Wk 180c and have so many questions and need tips. I live in Winnipeg where can I go to ask questions? WHo can help me? I need Black Rifle Training is there a place that offers this.
    Not sure what Black Rifle Training is. But if you join a range that has a strong membership (make sure the range you join allows .223) there is bound to be somebody that can answer any questions you have.

Otherwise, check out the Black and Green Rifles forum here.

Hello all, I moved last fall to Dominion City, Mb. and would like to find a gun range close by. Also how do I find out about my local fish and game club. I moved from Beausejour and miss the great range there. Thank you for any help. I mostly use a range to sight in and test new recipes for my rifles. 25-06, 243, and 22lr, etc.
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Is there any crown land near Winnipeg that's accessible by car in winter?

Quote Originally Posted by jumi View Post
    Is there any crown land near Winnipeg that's accessible by car in winter?
    Short answer: no.
    Long answer: Depends how far you want to walk and what you consider close to Winnipeg.

Typically, only numbered highways and high-use roads get plowed. If you're lucky, some roads in the provincial forests (I'm specifically thinking of the road in Agassiz off of highway 15) might be plowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinthelt View Post
    Short answer: no.
    Long answer: Depends how far you want to walk and what you consider close to Winnipeg.

Typically, only numbered highways and high-use roads get plowed. If you're lucky, some roads in the provincial forests (I'm specifically thinking of the road in Agassiz off of highway 15) might be plowed.
    Is that the area past Anola? I heard there were gravel pits around there but I'm not sure which ones we're allowed to shoot in.

New to the sport, located near winnipeg, would like to meet an experienced semi auto rifle shooter