Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 313151617181920212223

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Manitoba

Hi everyone, I'm a 27 year old in west Winnipeg. Just got my RPAL and am looking to get into hunting and shooting. Did a bit of each in my teens but overall have very little experience.

If anyone has club recommendations (I've been looking at Selkirk Game & Fish) or would be willing to share crown land locations it would be appreciated.

CGN frequent flyer BlackPowderBurner's Avatar
    If you're in the west end, Portage Plains is a viable option. Likely closer to you than Selkirk and much smaller membership.
    Za naszą i waszą wolność.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPowderBurner View Post
    If you're in the west end, Portage Plains is a viable option. Likely closer to you than Selkirk and much smaller membership.
    Thanks, I'll check it out

Hi there. During this COVID nonsense all gun clubs are closed due to restrictions. I have membership to a range but cannot utilize.

I want to get shooting, where is there a good place near Winnipeg that I can shoot on crown land? How do I go about finding out how to locate these areas?
    Last edited by Athanasios; 11-16-2020 at 01:13 PM.

There was a long time I got in but never got chance to say hi. But better late than never. Have a good weekend everyone!

Yup I signed up a few years back, cheap close to the city and open sunrise to sunset. Always lots of open benches.

I would also be interested in knowing where there are some spots to go shooting on crown land in Manitoba. I don't know anyone who goes hunting and I've never been. I'm just looking to fire off some rounds though, not hunt.

Here’s a few places I can think of:

- Seddons corner area
    - Sandilands
    - Some spots past Anola
    - Near St Anne’s
    - Reynolds ponds is another area where lots of people shoot

Some guys have recommended using an app called ‘iHunter’. Overlays google maps with what each area is designated as.

Avoid certain areas during hunting season, and always clean up after yourself. If you can, try and bring some extra garbage back with you. Leave it cleaner than when you arrived. Have fun!
    Last edited by Bb2024; 04-21-2024 at 02:17 PM.