Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Manitoba

hey guys

hey guys I am new here , and live in the winnipeg area, I am looking for a place to shoot. I have read about a few ranges and clubs but I am unsure of some of the hours. or how to get a membership , the winnipeg revolver range is very close to to whare I am located. I dont have anything special just a marlin 925R .22 lr a pointing in the right direction would be awesome

- regards Dave
    Last edited by Spudmaxx; 05-24-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: suck at spelling

Question

I was wondering if there was a way to find some place to go plinking nearish town as in less than an hr drive away I would love take the wife out for the first time with my .22lr and she is very intimidated by the idea of going to a range her first time as well all the ranges close to me dont allow guests as far as I know but I havent check with SGAF yet but I still have to go there to check out membership stuff.

regards dave from winnipeg
    Last edited by Spudmaxx; 06-27-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Hi everybody! I'm new to the group, from the Dauphin area. I am very interested in doing some long range shooting if there is anyone willing to help me out. Like most hunters, I imagine, my 300 yd and under game is good, but I have a new, much more capable rifle now and am very interested in exploring its, and my outer limits. Finding a place to shoot 800 - 1000 yds with a safe back stop or the likes is herder than I imagined. Any one know what the facilities are like at the Brandon range? Or any where close to Dauphin?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gunasauras's Avatar
    Nothing in the Brandon area to shoot past 200M unless you come out to the Shilo Battle of the Bulge shoot in late Nov/early Dec, which is usually on King OP in Shilo. 3000M is possible there if you are capable....
    "Better Judged by Twelve than Carried by Six..."
    "Know Guns? Know Peace and Know Safety….No Guns? No Peace and No Safety."

Gunasaurus, what's the story on the Shilo Battle of the Bulge shoot? Open to the public? What kind of format do they follow? 3000M??? I might feel a little under endowed with a .300...Love to give 'er a try at half that though! And a chance to see anyone firing something at that kinda distance! I'd love to hear more about it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gunasauras's Avatar
    It is a milsurp shoot that the Shilo Gun Club sets up, and it isw open to the public. We usually set it up to 400M maximum, but the range it is set up on (military field firing range) is capable of handling 25mm from the LAV III. You can see out to 4000M, so if you had a rifle capable of that distance, technically, you could shoot it there. Watch the MB Events post for info on it in Oct/Nov timeframe. We've had guys with .50's (bolt guns of course) there in the past.
    "Better Judged by Twelve than Carried by Six..."
    "Know Guns? Know Peace and Know Safety….No Guns? No Peace and No Safety."

New to shooting in Manitoba

You can find a lot of info on the Winnipeg Revolver & Pistol Assoc. Web site at

http://www.mts.net/~wrpa/

You can also get your CFSC and CRFSC there.

Quote Originally Posted by Talquin View Post
    Is there anyone here who uses the Steinbach range or is part of the Steinbach gun club?
    Yes there is ... ME! :D

and me

CGN frequent flyer
    I always end up there shooting alone at -30c this last winter.... get my car stuck in that bloody sheet of ice they call a road.
    Looking to join the Steinbach Gun range? PM for contact info.