Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Manitoba

Allo, I'm a 21 year old student who owns 3 guns (mauser kar 98, CZ-858 and a m14 on the way) and I am really interested in starting to hunt and possible get into the tactical shooting sport and just general rifle information. I was wondering if there was anything close to saint-boniface area for a shooting range or if there is ever like a meet and great for gun owners. I was thinking of joining the revolver and pistole association but i dunno if that is my best bet for a range. I have just very very basic knowledge of firearms and I would really like to learn more. Any information and or tips would be great, thanks.

CGN frequent flyer
    Well you are here which is a good first step for info.

In the events and gatherings there is a Manitoba section. We meet for Coffee and/or wings every once in a while and let people know when a gun show is going to happen.

i don't know what type of range would be good for you but i do know that most pistol clubs can't allow centerfire shooting because the bays aren't long enough and the backstop isn't meant for those type of rounds.

if you are going to be collecting milsurps, which is a addictive hobby I enjoy you might also want to check out Milsurp dedicated sites. CGN can usually answer 99% of your milsurp questions though.

hope that helps a bit.
    Looking to join the Steinbach Gun range? PM for contact info.

So when is the next gun show in Winnipeg?

I am wanting to take an RPAL course, I'm in Winnipeg. Who does it?

Check with the CFO office on Elice to get a list of instructers.
    I'm a small petty little man who takes pleasure in the pain and suffering of others.

CSSA Member

CDP RSO

Thats a great idea.. not sure why I didn't think of that lol. Thanks Nug =)

No problem and
    I'm a small petty little man who takes pleasure in the pain and suffering of others.

CSSA Member

CDP RSO

father in law ended up getting a rifle for me, actually he himself a 30-06 too. Easier this way since our hunting trip is in November no chance of getting the required stuff in time.

I'm still on the lookout for a place to get my restricted.... Preferably in Winnipeg, my time off work is usually short lived...

Call Dennis at Wholesale Sports, runs courses out of his basement I believe. The Winnipeg Rifle and Pistol Club (?) in West St. P near the perimeter runs a two day course for around $150 which can include a restricted test. I challenged the test at the Firing Line club, I forget who was teaching the course but if you call there someone might know.

Hey guys, I just got my PAL, about to go buy a new target rifle and I am getting a shotgun transferred to me. I usually go back to the farm to shoot targets and gophers.

However now that I live in the city and have my own PAL, and soon my own firearms. I was wondering if anyone knows of any places near Winnipeg where I can practice some target shooting (like a gravel pit), or where I can shoot some clay pigeons (I have my own thrower)?

TIA!