Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Manitoba

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlypeg View Post
    Not sure. It's just North of a small creek at Hwy 59. You go past some farms, then get into the woods, at the S turn you look South and see the gravel field.
    Cool, I'll have a look next time I'm out that way, thanks.

Hello everyone!

So yeah, looking to shoot clay disks. It's a lot of fun to go to the trap/skeet range, but much cheaper to buy a box of clays and head out-of-town! I've been wondering where one can go to do that.

I think I've found the one by Seddon's corner that has been mentioned. I looked on Google maps and found where I think it is. By right clicking a position on the map and selecting "What's Here" you can get the coordinate.

So, anyone who knows where the Seddon's Corner spot is, paste this into google maps and tell me if I'm right:

50.062098,-96.263409

Also, perhaps someone who knows were the Mars Hill location is, can get the coordinate for us (by right clicking in google maps).

I've also heard that Reynolds Ponds is a good place to shoot too. Has anyone gone out there?

49.731747,-96.268258

One last thing. Is the Selkirk Game and Fish Association's Handgun Club an approved handgun club for the purposes of obtaining at restricted PAL?? If so, it seems the most economical.

Thanks everyone.

Bump, looking for spots closest to the south end of Winnipeg to take my daughter out shooting the SKS at zombie tagets... can anyone verify Mossberg's GPS coords?

Quote Originally Posted by HangFire88 View Post
    Bump, looking for spots closest to the south end of Winnipeg to take my daughter out shooting the SKS at zombie tagets... can anyone verify Mossberg's GPS coords?

Hey HangFire,

The spots I mentioned were in regards to shooting trap so I'm not sure if it would be safe for rifles in terms of ricochets. I'm a member at Selkirk Game and Fish. My son and I would love to shoot zombie targets too but it might be a bit far for you. From Lag and the Perimeter, it's about 20 minutes.

This website lists ranges and clubs in Manitoba. I have no idea how up-to-date it is, but check it out anyway:

http://drclaw.ca/firearms/
    NFA and CSSA, but not a member of any political party...nor will I ever be.

"I'm a politician...that means I'm a liar and a cheat. When I'm not kissing babies, I'm trying to steal their lolipops" (Hunt for Red October)

Quote Originally Posted by HangFire88 View Post

You may be interested in this thread too if you haven't already seen it:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...=zombie&page=3
    NFA and CSSA, but not a member of any political party...nor will I ever be.

"I'm a politician...that means I'm a liar and a cheat. When I'm not kissing babies, I'm trying to steal their lolipops" (Hunt for Red October)

Hi all,

another newb here looking to get his PAL soon.

So it seems like the best thing to do from replies is to call the place on Ellice to get an Instructor?

Also, when people mentioning shooting on crown land with Non restricted, can you really just shoot out in the country? I have a friend with some acerage and she said she'd be willing to do that but I just want to make sure its legit.

cheers,

I've been out to Reynolds ponds for fishing.
    There is a gravel pit on the way the there, and although I haven't been shooting there I have seen others.
    Haven't been out there in a long time but planning to go check it out this winter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbug View Post
    Hi all,

another newb here looking to get his PAL soon.

So it seems like the best thing to do from replies is to call the place on Ellice to get an Instructor?

Also, when people mentioning shooting on crown land with Non restricted, can you really just shoot out in the country? I have a friend with some acerage and she said she'd be willing to do that but I just want to make sure its legit.

cheers,
    Most crown land is fine for shooting on. Typically if you can hunt there, you can target practice there. Tell us where you plan to go, and someone can confirm. Private land will depend on local by-laws. Check with the rural municipality. Some have prohibitions against discharge of centre fire. Consider joining a range. Some outdoor only one's like Selkirk, Virden, are quite inexpensive.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

Is there a range near/in the Kenora area?

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell_smart007 View Post
    Is there a range near/in the Kenora area?
    http://www.lwgc.ca/