Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

cereal83 said:
What about Grouse or Partirdge or stuff like that? Doesn't the season start on the 15 for most of Ontario? I would be interested in that also. I am pretty much up for anything because I haven't done any hunting at all.
in areas around southeastern ont the season opens anywheres from the 20th to25th. and there is plenty of small game around you just need to find a good hunting spot

I'm doing a bit of sorting here.

This post is for NEWBIES looking for help.

cereal83 said:
I am willing to go hunting with somebody with experiance. I am a n00b and I am in Toronto. :)
cereal83 said:
Hey all,

Since bird season is starting up, well I really would like to get out there and try my luck on some grouse or partridge. I am from Toronto but will drive a few hours to do some hunting. I already have my small game licence so I should be good to go. I have a 12 gauge and a 22.

Well let me know.

Thanks
cereal83 said:
I am also willing to travel up o North Bay or Sudbury. I know there is alot of crown land around there but I don't want to make a 4 hour trip there just to find out I am sitting on land with no animals for 100 km's.

I am close to Yonge and Sheppard and willing to travel and pay my part.

mrefaat said:
I would like to go rabbit hunting in the GTA, haven't done that before, but will start this October.
if you are new to the game or an experienced hunter and wanna go out with someone, drop me a PM. I am in mississauga and I know a public area 30 min west that we can try (unless you have another spot).

Looking forward to hunting with you! (Toronto area)
Mo
ml350 said:
This is great!!!

I am in Niagara Area (Fonthill), looking for an experienced hunter to learn from and willing to travel few hours.

Is there any golfers? I work @ local public golf course. Maybe I could arrange a golf get together. Ofcourse FREE green fees !!! Anyone interested please pm me.
ricoboxing said:
If anyone near Durham Region wants someone to tag along on a varmint hunt send me a PM. None of my friends or family hunt so I'm basically learning everything on my own. I have a small game license, 12ga., .22 lr, and I just got an electronic predator call and speaker off ebay. Now all I need is someone to show me the ropes of varmint hunting, (and my pregnant wife likes it better when i hunt with someone else, as long as its not another woman ) (Oshawa area)

Rudi said:
It seems the old hunters are not really queuing here to teach us around the GTA.

By the way, I just got my antlerless deer tag for the 56 WMU, and I have no idea what to do with it. We just picked up quite randomly that WMU.

So it would be great to try some small game hunting before we go for bear/deer. The problem is that I'm not alone, my wife would come with us and my daughter too. I'm afraid they would be noisier than the Caribana, so perhaps only deaf and blind squirrels would be our quarry.
Anyway, we would like to join to someone (experienced or not) to waste some weekends. (A few hours drive would be OK. We spend almost every Saturday at the Silversdale range, so even the Niagara region would be fine)
shortbus said:
Just wondering if there are any ranges (best - closest?) and hunters in the London area. I have someone to take me for now (moose and deer). But may need some help later on when I purchase a pistol.
gambit said:
I live just North of TO and I am in for it, never hunted and like to try some small game first don't know where to go North bay is not that far if anyone knows where to go around there ??maybe the GTA CGN guys can make a trip that way??,
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing a bit of sorting here

This one is for MENTORS willing to help

fremen said:
I am willing to help out in Ottawa

thebaron said:
I can take people out in Ottawa (Time permitting) PM me if you need help.

signguy said:
i can mentor some future deer hunters if needed in ottawa little late for bear season but deer is still a few months away and i have room in my convoy

stormbringer said:
I am willing to help out newbies in the London Ont region.

I have a suitable collection of various firearms and access to a very nice range.

NROI Chief Range officer.

CSSA Handgun Instructor.

Reloading experience

IPSC shooter

PM me if you need some range time.

gth said:
Looking for one Newbie waterfowler with minumum 3 dozen full body GHG goose decoys, layout blinds, retriever, spare Extrema and an enclosed trailer.....

Seriously....if there is anyone in North Bay that want to get out hunting I' m game for pretty much anything.

bear.23 said:
I am willing to;
Teach/Show folks to reload (Pistol or Rifle) need to come to my place in Boulter!
Introduce someone to shooing (Revolver,Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun)
Help a new shooter(Revolver, Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun)..

Last edited:
This is another game farm
If you go to these places you need a dog and that is an extra charge.

Pinegrove Pheasant Farm
Castleton, Ontario, Canada
Phone: 905-344-7434 Cell: 905-376-1519

I'm fairly new to the handgun world myself, but am willing to take the time to help fellow newbies in the K/W area... or, if you're in the area and just feel like spending some time blasting, well...:dancingbanana:

a mentor in peterbourgh area needed

i thought for sure i posted this before....but i could not find it again:p
anyyyyyy ways..
i was talking to a few young guys last night..one was from the peterborough area.. ...he was listing to us talk of guns and shooting..he is a son of one of our hunting partners..
this lad has had no interest in gunz r hunting before.. i think he has a chicky now that has a bit of interest..so he wants to join in also..
;)
so if anyone in the peterborough would able to host him and his honey to a range to try out a few gunz..plz let me know..
of course i,ll pay for all range fees ammo used ;)

Im a newb... thinking of getting a G17 for a first handgun...
I would love to meet up with an experienced owner(in the GTA) who is looking to show someone the ropes :)

I shoot out of Colby gun club in waterloo, or the Tavistock rod and gun club in harrington (outside stratford). Anyone who wants to try handguns or rifles, your more then welcome to contact me and we'll go make some noise. I have a fair colletion of military surplus rifles and modern handguns from .22 on up. Glad to help out someone who wants to try something new!

Resendé said:
Hi guys I'm looking for an instructor from downtown Toronto.
Who do you recommend?

Try the shooting range in Aurora just off hwy 404/Stouffville Rd, I forgot the name, I took my Safety course there, good guys

Experienced hunter (15 + years) looking for a mentor to show me the ins and outs of coyote hunting. I have all my own gear and I am willing to travel within Eastern Ontario. I have gone out 3 times with no success. If you'd like to meet first, that's not a problem. I don't drink so the Timmies is on me, or if you'd like to shoot a few rounds on my private "range" that goes out to 400 meters, that's fine also. PM me if interested. Thanks in advance,

-Jason

Hoping to take a non-restructed & restricted safety course ASAP. I'm not the type to jump right into something without prior experience, even if its just a a safety course, so I'd appreciate it if an old hand would take me out for a quick lesson and show me the ropes. I am 22, a certified locksmith located in Cornwall, ON. I'm willing to travel to Ottawa if necessary.

Also, if anyone could recommend the best place around here to take the exams, that would be great. I see the FSESO list, but I'd like to know where you guys think is best...

Interested in firearm ownership in Canada. (collecting Milsurp specifically)

The only experience I have is the .22 Enfields from cadets years ago. Looking to get my PAL some time this summer but would like to try some plinking in Toronto first.

MozTS said:
Interested in firearm ownership in Canada. (collecting Milsurp specifically)

The only experience I have is the .22 Enfields from cadets years ago. Looking to get my PAL some time this summer but would like to try some plinking in Toronto first.
Put a posting similar to this in the Greetings/Intro forum.
Let people know a little about you and what your interested in, and you might get yourself an invite or two!
Lots of "Nutz" in the T.O. area.

hi there, I just have 1 kinda stupid question. I recently ran out of cleaning patches for my mosin nagant. I felt that because I have not been using it a lot lately, I should run some extra oil down the barrel to keep it in good shape. Instead of getting more cleaning patches, I cut up a new disposable cloth (the white ones with the blue stripes, relatively strong) and ran some oil down with that. I am worried that any left over fibres might not be good for the barrel. Did I make a big mistake? is it ok as long as I clean it when im ready to use it again with solvent and proper cleaning patches? Thank you for any help!

Back
Top Bottom