Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by cereal83
    I wish hunting was easier, i think alot more people would be in the sport.

How can it get any easier, I can walk out my back door and be hunting with in 35yds. Of course I dont live in a mega city and as lifestyle choice never will.

There is a price to be paid for living in a metropolis with all its luxuries......... no free access to good hunting land is part of that price.
    I'll thank you to remember that your personal opinion is not reason enough to limit the hard won freedoms of a democratic people.
    Ignore list @ 93 and counting

PINERIDGE HUNTING PRESERVE. Year round hunting. Pheasant and Chukars. Public daily hunting. Yearly membership also available. Located 75km northeast of Toronto

Let us be apart of your hunting traditions. We offer the bird hunter a stocked preserve, i.e. pheasants, chukars and quail. For you and your K-9's enjoyment. By appointment only. Kirkfield, ON (705) 438-1811</B>

all around North Bay and Sudbury etc etc there are so many birds you don't even have to try really. When I lived in that area I used to go bird hunting up by Gogama. It's about 1 1/2 - 2hrs from Sudbury. Im sure you could find a decent place to go on your own, but if not Im 100% sure someone from Sudbury or the surrounding area could take you out. Ive NEVER been skunked on a bird hunt in 10yrs of hunting in that area and 9times outa 10 I usually limited out.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.George Orwell

too far for a day trip.... .

what about going there friday evening, sleeping in a motel, hunting on Saturday and coming back saturday evening/night? Is is viable? (I got an antlerless deer tag for the WMU 56. It's somewhere there, but it would be great to try hunting for anything before the deer season.)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cereal83's Avatar
    It's a great idea if you got like $80 to spend on a hotel. It's only about a 4 hour drive. Once you get there, all you have to do is find some crown land

there is also public hunting grounds inthe Niagara region, but nothing to hunt untill end of October when rabbit season opens.
    Luther marsh and Holland marsh are also open for waterfowl hunting.
    they are in the GTA area

That 4 hour drive means 8 hours in a car, and perhaps a lot of tiring walking, hopefully packed with lots of games.
    So it is feasible, but perhaps less convenient then forking out 80 bucks.

Where can you get maps which show the crown lands?? My biggest problem is the "where to start?".

here is the greatest link for all hunters. the Ontario crown land atlas!
    http://crownlanduseatlas.mnr.gov.on.ca/
    look for the yellow areas!
    don't ask me how I found it, thanks to Google and hours of searching.
    you can also go to any conservation authority and ask for crown land maps. I have a few on my wall for Simcoe and Durham.

if you (or somebody else) decide to check one one those areas, dont forget to give me a shout.
    Cheers
    Mo
    Last edited by mrefaat; 09-15-2006 at 03:40 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dumbdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal83
    What about Grouse or Partirdge or stuff like that? Doesn't the season start on the 15 for most of Ontario? I would be interested in that also. I am pretty much up for anything because I haven't done any hunting at all.
    in areas around southeastern ont the season opens anywheres from the 20th to25th. and there is plenty of small game around you just need to find a good hunting spot