Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Resendé
    Hi guys I'm looking for an instructor from downtown Toronto.
    Who do you recommend?
    Try the shooting range in Aurora just off hwy 404/Stouffville Rd, I forgot the name, I took my Safety course there, good guys

CGN frequent flyer thebuckhunter's Avatar

Arrow

Experienced hunter (15 + years) looking for a mentor to show me the ins and outs of coyote hunting. I have all my own gear and I am willing to travel within Eastern Ontario. I have gone out 3 times with no success. If you'd like to meet first, that's not a problem. I don't drink so the Timmies is on me, or if you'd like to shoot a few rounds on my private "range" that goes out to 400 meters, that's fine also. PM me if interested. Thanks in advance,

-Jason
    Dileas Gu Bas!

You can't FORCE me into a burning building.... I'm a volunteer.

BANNED
    Hoping to take a non-restructed & restricted safety course ASAP. I'm not the type to jump right into something without prior experience, even if its just a a safety course, so I'd appreciate it if an old hand would take me out for a quick lesson and show me the ropes. I am 22, a certified locksmith located in Cornwall, ON. I'm willing to travel to Ottawa if necessary.

Also, if anyone could recommend the best place around here to take the exams, that would be great. I see the FSESO list, but I'd like to know where you guys think is best...

Interested in firearm ownership in Canada. (collecting Milsurp specifically)

The only experience I have is the .22 Enfields from cadets years ago. Looking to get my PAL some time this summer but would like to try some plinking in Toronto first.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ontgunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MozTS
    Interested in firearm ownership in Canada. (collecting Milsurp specifically)

The only experience I have is the .22 Enfields from cadets years ago. Looking to get my PAL some time this summer but would like to try some plinking in Toronto first.
    Put a posting similar to this in the Greetings/Intro forum.
    Let people know a little about you and what your interested in, and you might get yourself an invite or two!
    Lots of "Nutz" in the T.O. area.

Hey is there anyone on here in the Kingston area?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    Try the shooting range in Aurora just off hwy 404/Stouffville Rd, I forgot the name, I took my Safety course there, good guys
    I believ that place got shut down a few years ago, it was just East of woodbine on the North side of Stoufville.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear250b View Post
    I believ that place got shut down a few years ago, it was just East of woodbine on the North side of Stoufville.
    Shut down as United Sports, but has long since re-opened as the Grange/Target Sports;

http://target-sports-com.sitepreview.ca/shop/club.php
    "The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished."

hi there, I just have 1 kinda stupid question. I recently ran out of cleaning patches for my mosin nagant. I felt that because I have not been using it a lot lately, I should run some extra oil down the barrel to keep it in good shape. Instead of getting more cleaning patches, I cut up a new disposable cloth (the white ones with the blue stripes, relatively strong) and ran some oil down with that. I am worried that any left over fibres might not be good for the barrel. Did I make a big mistake? is it ok as long as I clean it when im ready to use it again with solvent and proper cleaning patches? Thank you for any help!

Hello,

I am a newbie in the Hamilton area, PAL/RPAL pending, looking to get into pistol shooting. Is there anybody in Hamilton or a nearby area willing to help me get started?