Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3444464748495051525354555657585960616264 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Ontarian View Post
    Hello,

I'm in London and my wife and I are going to be writing the CFSC and the CRFSC. I'd like to know if anyone in London has firearms and can show us how to safely load and unload so that we're a bit more prepared before the practical. There doesn't need to be live ammo and we don't need to fire them. Thanks!
    Are you two taking your course with Emad? If so, you'll be getting a lot of hands on practice before the exam and those are the guns that will be on the exam too.

Quote Originally Posted by spham23 View Post
    Are you two taking your course with Emad? If so, you'll be getting a lot of hands on practice before the exam and those are the guns that will be on the exam too.
    Hey, not too sure to be honest. There's only two instructors in London on FSESO.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontarian View Post
    Hello,

I'm in London and my wife and I are going to be writing the CFSC and the CRFSC. I'd like to know if anyone in London has firearms and can show us how to safely load and unload so that we're a bit more prepared before the practical. There doesn't need to be live ammo and we don't need to fire them. Thanks!
    You shouldn't be concerned. Your instructor should give you time to practice with all sorts of firearms. If your instructor is Emad you'll spend more time playing with firearms then sitting in your chair

Just wondering if there's anyone down in the Windsor area? I'm going to be moving the family down there with in the next month or so but I'm not sure on how things go down there as far as hunting and target shooting. I'm used to up north where you can drive to multiple pits and just go shoot I'm not knowledgeable on ranges or clubs.

Heyy buddy , spoiler , welcome to the dead city :D , so yes, im pretty new to all of this nd just recently got my rpal and everything ready , just doing more research before buying a rifle , anyways , there are 2 clubs here at windsor , 1 - windsor pistol action club ( which im a member at ) , they're located door to door with General Guns and supplies , which is a good thing so that u can grab ammo or tools in seconds, however , it pretty small , 7 stool pistol range that is 25 meters long and another rifle range where u can shoot upto a 50 cal. but still sucks , 2- the windsor sportsmens club , not a member and therefore dont know much, ... if ur looking for a range to scope in at 100 or just pop some rounds at a longer range , then we're going to have to drive to chatham kent , 50 mins max with traffic or something , thatst he only long range option we have that is closest.. in terms of hunting , then im sorry , cuz idont have a hunting buddy yet so im on my own till now, and all i can say ,, getting access on private land specially in southern ontario is Hunt all on its own, so, ye, pretty miserable .. lemme know if u want anything else. ill be happy to help ! welcome to windsor , the city with no traffic :D

Quote Originally Posted by Rob101 View Post
    Just wondering if there's anyone down in the Windsor area? I'm going to be moving the family down there with in the next month or so but I'm not sure on how things go down there as far as hunting and target shooting. I'm used to up north where you can drive to multiple pits and just go shoot I'm not knowledgeable on ranges or clubs.
    you can pm (if there is an actual thing here and ican give u my number if need something more personal for family and such :D)

Thank you. I joined EESA, still looking for hunting ground

Hi All. im just wondering how will i know if and when i get accepted to join the EE forums???

Quote Originally Posted by cn85 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Just posting to touch base with people from Ottawa. I'm currently in Edmonton but will be moving to Ottawa this summer.

Can anyone share some info on Stittsville vs. EOSC vs. Ottawa Valley? Or even better, any crown land close by?

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated!
    Member at Eganville & District Sportsmans Club if interested we could arrange a time for you to check it out. It is about an hours drive maybe a little more from Ottawa.
    Working with Leather is a Great way to Relax.

Anyone close to Perth?