Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3949515253545556575859606162636465666769 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Question GTA Toronto (West End)

This thread seems far too quiet; but here goes... Toronto mentor/friend? (ideally West of the Humber River)

I recently passed the CFSC and CRFSC -- awaiting the FSESO paperwork before I can file my R-PAL application; so I'm guessing I'll have it all by late-summer through mid-fall. Shopping for the basics (eye & ear protection, etc.). Had a great time during the courses and met some interesting folks. Nobody near my area though.

In the meantime, I feel like I'm sorta sitting on my hands, letting my newfound knowledge atrophy, while gaining neither knowledge nor experience to allow me to ultimately decide which rifle I'd like to start out with. As a complete novice that'll probably start off with form issues to work on, I'm leaning towards a Ruger 10/22 rifle and down the road I'll want to add a handgun that'll use the same .22 LR ammo. As funds permit, I'll look towards adding different calibers and/or a shotgun; but ya gotta start somewhere, right?

Anyway, among my existing friends and family, I currently stand alone in this interest. Even among those that are anything less than vociferously opposed, I am certainly the only person I know taking the steps to actually become qualified and licensed. I know, I know... Sometimes I write like a cross between Douglas Adams and Charles Dickens. Sorry. I'll stop.

In a nutshell, I guess what I'm trying to say is... As social as I am elsewhere, within this community, I need some friends / shooting-buddies (or whatever y'all call it).

I promise to compensate for the cost of the ammo I'd expend (until I'm licensed and can buy my own); and I'll try to lay off the Adams/Dickens diction.
    What!? I said I'll try.

If you made it this far, you're a trooper!! Thanks.
    ---
    Kraylo Adaraan

Try https://mapleseedrifleman.com/
    lots of beginners, they will even lend you a 10/22 rifle if you ask politely
    they will have move events around Ontario in late Summer and Fall.
    Did this course last weekend with my 16yo daughter - we both absolutely loved it.
    Cheers
    CCFR CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sochi View Post
    Try https://mapleseedrifleman.com/
    lots of beginners, they will even lend you a 10/22 rifle if you ask politely
    they will have move events around Ontario in late Summer and Fall.
    Did this course last weekend with my 16yo daughter - we both absolutely loved it.
    Cheers
    That's incredible. Their next session (June 17) doesn't fit my schedule this time around; but... bookmarked for sure! Thanks, Sochi.
    Last edited by krayloadaraan; 05-29-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    ---
    Kraylo Adaraan

Fellow newbie here, also just passed my CFSC and OHEP. I live out in Dunnville on my own farm, but work in Mississauga. Like you very few people in my circles share any interest in firearms or hunting. I can't help you with the loaner - can't get one yet myself.

Just putting myself out there on a pretty sleepy forum. I'm a newbie in the GTA.
    If anyone wants to get in contact I'd love to try shooting or even just meeting up.

I'm new to the sport and am still a bit directionless on where to start!

Check your messages.

Recently got pal/rpal ,from east end . GTA If anyone is interested in going out to the range that'd be great
    ( Have a membership)
    Last edited by Greatblue21; 09-27-2018 at 01:38 PM.

I find CGN very frustrating......how in the hell do I see what people are selling.???. I go to the equipment exchange and it says there are no posts? Why can’t there just be a simple list of stuff people have for sale??

Hello all. New to the site and looking hard to find classes to get my non Restricte licence.

Major issue im coming across is that all courses are on the weekends. I sadlt work weekends and looking for classes between wed and fri. I live in Toronto but willing to drive.

If anyone knows of any let me know. Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by Stewhex View Post
    Hello all. New to the site and looking hard to find classes to get my non Restricte licence.

Major issue im coming across is that all courses are on the weekends. I sadlt work weekends and looking for classes between wed and fri. I live in Toronto but willing to drive.

If anyone knows of any let me know. Thanks alot
    Ready Aim Firearms Safety in King City, offers weekday courses, my wife and I did our PAL/RPAL there, knowledgeable, friendly instructors. We were happy with the training provided. I put the link to their website below.

Cheers!

https://firearmslessons.ca/