Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Any female mentors out there?

Hi

I'm a newbie in the Burlington area looking for a mentor, preferably female, to show me the ropes after my student requirements have been satisfied at BRRC.

Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ontgunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by libertariandoug View Post
    hi there, I just have 1 kinda stupid question. I recently ran out of cleaning patches for my mosin nagant. I felt that because I have not been using it a lot lately, I should run some extra oil down the barrel to keep it in good shape. Instead of getting more cleaning patches, I cut up a new disposable cloth (the white ones with the blue stripes, relatively strong) and ran some oil down with that. I am worried that any left over fibres might not be good for the barrel. Did I make a big mistake? is it ok as long as I clean it when im ready to use it again with solvent and proper cleaning patches? Thank you for any help!
    Your good to go! Just give it a good swabbing out (clean and dry) before your next outing!!
    Have you introduced yourself yet in the Greetings area yet?
    If not, welcome to the boards!! :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ontgunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight85 View Post
    Hello,

I am a newbie in the Hamilton area, PAL/RPAL pending, looking to get into pistol shooting. Is there anybody in Hamilton or a nearby area willing to help me get started?
    Try posting this in the "Greeting/Intro" forum, it gets more viewing!
    Welcome to the boards! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dammer View Post
    Hi

I'm a newbie in the Burlington area looking for a mentor, preferably female, to show me the ropes after my student requirements have been satisfied at BRRC.

Thanks!
    Hi Dammer! Like my suggestion to Flight85, try and introduction in the greetings forum.
    That aside, my wife is a shooter, but we're up here in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. If you ever feel like making the drive, let me know and I can get something set up at our club (Cobly).
    Welcome to the boards!! :D
    Last edited by ontgunner; 08-26-2007 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks for the advice ontgunner, I'll give it a shot!

Hey OntGunner,

Thanks so much for the offer. Unfortunately, being a working mom with two young kids I don't have the luxury of time. But I will keep you guys in mind if I ever trip across a day all to myself.

I too will take you advice and write up an intro in the greetings forum

Take care
    "The glory of great men should always be measured by the means they have used to acquire it"
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dumbdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammer View Post
    Hey OntGunner,

Thanks so much for the offer. Unfortunately, being a working mom with two young kids I don't have the luxury of time. But I will keep you guys in mind if I ever trip across a day all to myself.

I too will take you advice and write up an intro in the greetings forum

Take care
    take the kids shooting they will have a ball

Hi there, I'm sort of new to pistol shooting in the way that I would like to try before I buy I have small hands & its hard for me to find hand guns that I can reach the slide/mag release. I am interested in trying any & all semi auto handguns. I most likely will be purchasing a 9mm due to ammo costs but I am also considering a .40 deppending on whats out there. I belong to Colby pistol club & Bridgeport Rod & Gun. I would be willing to purchase ammo or re-emburse for ammo used. I also have a 1300 deffender shotgun with pistol grip if any mentors would like to try out the speed pump on an endangered species

thanks in advance.
    Teach firearms safety in school to save lives.

Hi All,
    My brothers friend is on here all the time. He told me to come on here because there are alot of knowledgeable people on here. Seeing as though I am new to this I have decided to start off in the newbie zone. Where would it be best to start asking questions about different cartridges, loads, and what grain of bullet for what application? If someone could let me know that would be great! Thanks

Reddarb
    Last edited by reddarb; 09-12-2007 at 12:07 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dumbdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reddarb View Post
    Hi All,
    My brothers friend is on here all the time. He told me to come on here because there are alot of knowledgeable people on here. Seeing as though I am new to this I have decided to start off in the newbie zone. Where would it be best to start asking questions about different cartridges, loads, and what grain of bullet for what application? If someone could let me know that would be great! Thanks

Reddarb
    check out the reloadng section and feel free to ask away.remember the only stupid question is the one that was never asked

Kingston Noob

Kingston noobie here. never fired a gun in my life but am interested in getting my PAL rstircted as I would like to start target shooting with pistols. Its a lot of work and money just to get into something I might not even enjoy (doubt that though lol) but would like to find someone interested in showing me the ropes and letting me fire off a few rounds.:D