Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 43535556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Last edited by jdmaks; 02-04-2020 at 10:36 AM.

New to firearms and shooting. Just got myself a new Glock 17 and AR-15, from the Markham area.

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by dlymburner View Post
    Hello all. I just recently joined Gunnutz forums and am soaking in a pile of info from these forums.

I just recently received my RPAL in the mail and do own a few of my own firearms, mostly .22 or 12g that were handed down to me. The issue I am having is finding anyone who is willing to take a newb out to plink, or even anyone who knows of any good spots I could even go without being hassled or causing an annoyance to others around the area. I am the only one in my entire circle that even has a PAL or RPAL and am finding that this is a major hindrance for a newbie to the sport.

I have looked into gun clubs in my area (Barrie) and it seems that without having friends/sponsors at the local clubs around me, there is not much chance of getting a foot in the door this way either :/ I did notice that Huronia gun club up by Midland, that the last poster mentioned, seems to be taking new members but for handgun only. It seems that possibly the best option at this time may be to join there and purchase a handgun? Any assistance/advice/mentors/plinking buddies that could get me out shooting and learning the ropes a little until I can get my foot in the door with hunting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
    Have you tried here,

located minutes off of the Highway 400 at Highway 89 in Cookstown, Ontario. Just 15 minutes from Barrie and 45 minutes from the GTA!

5206 5th Side Rd

Cookstown, ON

L0L 1L0

https://www.tirpc.ca/
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by kekservative View Post
    Hello, just got my RPAL approved (hasn't arrived in mail yet). Not sure what the next steps are. Ranges? Shooting courses? Straight to buying guns?
    I'm in Oakville.
    You can go to a range right now without your license, checkout http://www.targetsportscanada.com/ and try out some firearms.

Once you recieve your RPAL you will be able to go to your firearm dealer of choice and start to request to see a handgun. Once you nk purchase your fire of choice you will then have to wait for the firearm registration certificate to be approved by the CFO, once approved the dealer will contact you to pick up your firearm. Either before or after join a range/club of your choice. When you get your firearm buy dummy rounds and practice dry firing, magazine loading and extraction, remember to practice ACTS/PROVE at all times. Learn how to disassemble reassemble, lubricate, and clean your firearm. When you feel your ready head to the range and have fun.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownJP View Post
    Anyone around the Toronto area that has a membership to Target Sports? Would love to get my first shot in with someone!
    Do you have your own firearm, or just looking to shoot,.
    LEST WE FORGET

Quote Originally Posted by luckyshot6969 View Post
    hey new to sport East GTA and love to find new people to shoot with
    Where do you range at?
    LEST WE FORGET

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMaple View Post
    Hi

Just want to say hi.
    Hello PM.
    LEST WE FORGET

Quote Originally Posted by coldpete View Post
    it's actually be quiet on this thread, but for ALL GTA newbs, I found something that my newb friend went to twice already: https://silverdalegunclub.com/

it's the only one I found that takes appointments for plebs like us.

apparently it's good and 1.5hr drive from yonge finch if we go mid day.

u guys wanna try it out? This stuff is in high demand low supply.

Not-so-newb-friendly. Only other choice is a walk-in only luck of the draw here on a weekday:
    https://www.targetsportscanada.com/un-licensed-visitors
    Target sports is one of it not the most newbie friendly ranges around. Available to us without a license any day of the week, with RO provided instruction. Weekdays are definitely less crowded than weekends.
    LEST WE FORGET

Hello, looking at joining a club near Woodstock ON, does anyone attend any nearby?

Hey, I'm near Woodstock as well. Go to any clubs?