Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 465658596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

New to the shooting sports in Ontario. Wondering if anyone had any tips for finding places to shoot? Is asking farmers if I can shoot on their land a thing? Looking at getting a range membership so I can shoot pistols. IPSC seems interesting and I'd like to learn more about that too.

I'm new to the forum and been a deer/bear/duck hunter my whole life. In the past few years I got into compound bow hunting in a big way and have too many rifles so hoping to offload a couple. I'm not sure where to post here but figured someone here knows which forum area that'd be best to post a description or two. Cheers hunting peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by Boblo Rosscobar View Post
    New to the shooting sports in Ontario. Wondering if anyone had any tips for finding places to shoot? Is asking farmers if I can shoot on their land a thing? Looking at getting a range membership so I can shoot pistols. IPSC seems interesting and I'd like to learn more about that too.
    If your in the GTA I go to Target sports just as an associate member. I don't go as often as I would which makes the low cost membership ideal for me. I find it hard to convince my wife I need to go shoot more. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mrefaat View Post
    agree.
    I know some crown land in the GTA, good for rabbits.
    but the season opens later October.
    I also know a place where we can go for Geese. early season hunt is uderway.
    do you mind sharing it ? I need to zero my .22

Hey, first time PAL/RPAL owner here! How is shooting at Target Sports as an associate member? I went there several times as a walk in client and had a blast.

Hi all! Hailing from Toronto! Super excited to have just received my PAL/RPAL. I have wanted to be a legal gun owner for my entire life. Looking forward to getting a range membership and enjoying a rich history. Any other folks in Toronto here who can share their experience of starting out? Any tips on how you got your first firearm and access to a range to shoot it?

Glad to join the fight against the Bill C-71!

Cheers!

Welcome to the sport. I love the handle you gave yourself - the only donut i every eat!!

Target sports is/was good when i was a member. A little loud at times but understandable for an inside range.

I hear a new range opened up somewhere east of Toronto - probably run by the same folks who run FOC (firearms outlet Canada.)

Went to Silverdale, out past Grimsby two weeks ago. It's an outdoor range and I really like it. Seriously thinking of getting a membership but it's a bit of a long drive for me (i'm in vaughan.)

best of luck to you.
    Memberships: CSSA & OFAH

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

"Best Government I know of is the .45-70 Government!"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bandoleer View Post
    Welcome to the sport. I love the handle you gave yourself - the only donut i every eat!!

Target sports is/was good when i was a member. A little loud at times but understandable for an inside range.

I hear a new range opened up somewhere east of Toronto - probably run by the same folks who run FOC (firearms outlet Canada.)

Went to Silverdale, out past Grimsby two weeks ago. It's an outdoor range and I really like it. Seriously thinking of getting a membership but it's a bit of a long drive for me (i'm in vaughan.)

best of luck to you.
    Orono Fish & Hunt Club is an outdoor range closer to you, and taking members.

Hi everybody!

I’m in Halton hills Ontario. A former BC boy, waiting to receive my Pal in the mail.

Cheers everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Buco1 View Post
    Hi everybody!

I’m in Halton hills Ontario. A former BC boy, waiting to receive my Pal in the mail.

Cheers everyone!

Welcome, to Ontario!
    Memberships: CSSA & OFAH

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

"Best Government I know of is the .45-70 Government!"