Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

I am on the 2 month waiting for my results back in Ontario you still have a while to wait. Check the faster approval time topic.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcos View Post
    Hello,

Brand new to the sport. Went out for the first time ever last weekend. I am from Hamilton and was wondering if there is anyone around this area willing to point me in the right direction to get me into trap shooting. My income is very low as of right now due to being a student, but I will be done school at the end of April. Just wanted to see whats out there. I do not own a gun as well. Any info or help is greatly appreciated.
    Hi: I grew up in Hamilton. Still new myself and was in your situation just a short time ago. I had fired rifles when I was an infantryman with the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada, but wanted to try trapshooting.

Check out learntrapshooting.ca. They shoot out of the Hamilton Rifle Club in what used to be Satellite City when I was a boy. For $85 you can have a 1 hr. trial lesson with the head coach Florin. He'll supply the shotgun and the shells for that. Just show up and try it.

I learned more from him about shooting in 20 minutes than I did in two years in the military.

P.S.: He bets everyone that they'll do much better once he lets them shoot after his lesson than they thought they would before. No one's taken him up on that bet. I know I would have lost if I had.

Good luck.
    Last edited by 1200 Bandits; 05-15-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Should have included original quote.
    Let Every Man Be Armed

Hi all... South Huron.

Quote Originally Posted by jlagman View Post
    So I completed the safety courses and exams for both non-restricted and restricted nearly a month ago, but I have yet to receive any proof of it in the mail. Who should I contact to inquire about its status? I'm in no hurry to receive my licenses, but I find it discouraging that I can't even begin the 6+ week wait for approval because I can't even send in my application in yet/
    Check out the newbie faster pal application sticky- Yes you can send in the application before the course proof papers and send the papers in later. Speeds up your wait time later on.

for those in the waiting boat (for their validated course results)
    i'm glad i found the advice noted in these threads about sending the application w/o the results yet and sending when available
    hopefully this expedites the process and creates a lesser pain in the bureaucratic wait.

Hey there I am in Mississauga and was wondering about finding places near here, i know there is the Burlington gun club and silverdale but are those the only two options?
    anyone know of Crown land where it is legally allowed to plink?
    Also i was wondering if there were some mentors out there that could help me out with some questions about registration certificates, and the basics on the M14.
    Cheers

Ottawa here. I'm waiting on my RPAL, and I'm interested in mostly skeet, but also handgun and maybe rifle shooting. Anyone know a range that'd be good for everything?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mrakimbo View Post
    Ottawa here. I'm waiting on my RPAL, and I'm interested in mostly skeet, but also handgun and maybe rifle shooting. Anyone know a range that'd be good for everything?
    Stittsville has really nice facilities but it isn't cheap. You could look into SFFGC & EOHC, but I don't think EOHC does skeet. What part of the city are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by diemaco View Post
    Stittsville has really nice facilities but it isn't cheap. You could look into SFFGC & EOHC, but I don't think EOHC does skeet. What part of the city are you from?
    I'm in the west end, Nepean around the Experimental Farms.

What kind of fees does the Stittsville range have? I tried calling to inquire and never got anyone to answer. And the SFFGC? I'm not entirely opposed to driving out there if the fees are reasonable, but there are a couple skeet ranges with reasonable fees in the city-area. I just want some place to pop a rifle or handgun off too...

I was looking at the NCRRA and their fees are a bit high too. At least for renewal. I too doubt the EOHC would do skeet, unless it was with one of those shotshell pistols

BANNED
    Yeah im in the same boat here aswell, im currently doing pal&rpal courses, now.. im contemplating weather or not I should start the 28 day pal app wait period, My firearms instructor told me not to do this, because he's heard of stories of such people waiting 1 year, because they couldn't find the original pal/rpal application(apon arrival of CSFC papers). Now, that being said, he made us fill out the forms, and check off "Proof attached" in both boxes, pal and rpal...Now I need to obtain another form, unless I can do this online?

Anyways, what's your 2cents, opinions appreciated.

P;S ~~ I know, iv read many stories on here about pal aps being "quick" following the method on sticky, but my firearms instructor is hard on the fact to NOT do this, I'm completly stuck...?

***reading awesome stories on here since 2010, 1st post is today, and yes i'm finally getting sucked into this hobby***
    Last edited by bitinginfo; 07-23-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: funny? idk