Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 526264656667686970717273 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Hello! I've recently gotten my RPAL and looking for a mentor to help me get things started I am located in Toronto but willing to travel around the GTA. Will probably pick up a basic 22 LR rifle to start and more interested in bolt action / long range shooting

Hey yall, I am looking for fellow younger (I am 29 myself) PAL-pals for shooting on crown land, competitions, and general shenanigans. I have a fairly solid base of knowledge so happy to serve as a low-level mentor as well for someone new to this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin9 View Post
    Not a new shooter, but new to the forum and relatively new to ON. Seems like many gun clubs/ranges in Ontario artificially cap their membership, have lengthy wait lists. Is this just me? I've lived in most provinces, but never found it as hard to find a range as in southern ON (I am in Kingston).
    Agree. Where is the Canadian gun culture? 500 people (at least) take the safety course every year from the same training school as I did. I guess they will have the same issue when when they get their PAL as I do. No where to shoot! One gun club in my area needs a current member as a sponsor, otherwise your application will be deleted! OMG. I think Trudeau 's Liberal loves those clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by lightlysalteddinosaur View Post
    Hey yall, I am looking for fellow younger (I am 29 myself) PAL-pals for shooting on crown land, competitions, and general shenanigans. I have a fairly solid base of knowledge so happy to serve as a low-level mentor as well for someone new to this whole thing.
    Hi Dino,

I'm in Toronto and just got my PAL/RPAL - no crown land here but my parents cottage has some ~30 minutes from there so hoping to get out this weekend for my first real shooting. Would love to connect with you if you're close to the GTA or Kawartha Lakes (nearish Bobcaygeon), or online if not!

Quote Originally Posted by YellowLotus View Post
    Hello! I've recently gotten my RPAL and looking for a mentor to help me get things started I am located in Toronto but willing to travel around the GTA. Will probably pick up a basic 22 LR rifle to start and more interested in bolt action / long range shooting
    Hi Lotus,

Definitely not a mentor here but also recent RPAL holder in Toronto. I'm in the process of joining the Target Sports Canada range which allows guests to shoot for $20, if you don't have a range and want to come out sometime we can work out a time. No one I know IRL has their license so would be good to make some new friends within the hobby. At the very least maybe both try out some new guns?

Quote Originally Posted by 4dreamers View Post
    New PAL owner and gun owner. Just got a Mossberg 500 18.5/28 combo and a Weatherby Vanguard S2 in 308. I want to start with small game and proceed to deer/buck. I checked all maps here, check all crown land and some conservations area maps. Anybody in GTA area(Barrie, Durham, Hamilton) that could share some knowledge?
    Thank you!

Hi Dreamers,

I don't have any experience to share but am relatively good at using the Atlas and finding by-laws. If you've got any questions I'm happy to help where I can.

Regards,
    GrHouse

Hi all, just got my RPAL. Live in Eastern ON so it seems like I'll only have a few ranges to go to. Don't have any IRL friends who shoot in the province yet looking forward to joining the community.

Hey all, I'm a 22 year old with quite a vast collection of firearms (if you're wondering what I own, PM me and ill be happy to share!) but don't have much skill/knowledge. I am located in the GTA area. I would prefer to shoot in an outdoor environment (preferably on crown land) and don't mind driving 3 hours (one-way) to meet. Looking forward to connecting with anyone willing to take me under their wing and teaching me and helping me improve my skills. Regardless, I'd also love to connect with shooters virtually as well!

Hey all. New to firearms and looking for any tips and advice. Have decided to start with a Mauser M18 in 308 win. Hoping it's a good starter.

Hi All from Ontario live close to Owen Sound Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by snow leopard View Post
    Hey all, I'm a 22 year old with quite a vast collection of firearms (if you're wondering what I own, PM me and ill be happy to share!) but don't have much skill/knowledge. I am located in the GTA area. I would prefer to shoot in an outdoor environment (preferably on crown land) and don't mind driving 3 hours (one-way) to meet. Looking forward to connecting with anyone willing to take me under their wing and teaching me and helping me improve my skills. Regardless, I'd also love to connect with shooters virtually as well!
    I'm in the same boat, I'm in Oshawa but don't really have a place to go shoot, I don't hunt yet although I did do the hunter safety course, id just like a place I can go and fart around, send a couple pay cheques down the barrel at whatever I happen to have laying around at home, that kind of thing...considering a membership at Gagnons or Easthill but that's $$$

Hi All, going to get my PAL in couple weeks. According to what the CFO told me. Anywhere around north GTA area I can shoot?