Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4050525354555657585960616263646566676870 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Stewhex View Post
    Hello all. New to the site and looking hard to find classes to get my non Restricte licence.

Major issue im coming across is that all courses are on the weekends. I sadlt work weekends and looking for classes between wed and fri. I live in Toronto but willing to drive.

If anyone knows of any let me know. Thanks alot
    IIRC on fseso.org I saw one in Hamilton that was offered from 5:15pm to 10pm(I believe) Thurs/Fri.

Quote Originally Posted by KJB28 View Post
    I find CGN very frustrating......how in the hell do I see what people are selling.???. I go to the equipment exchange and it says there are no posts? Why can’t there just be a simple list of stuff people have for sale??
    That's because you have not been granted access. You have to ask permission/apply for this and once that is done it is very easy to see what people have for sale.
    Spoiler alert; There is tons of stuff for sale, almost every minute new stuff gets posted.
    Mods like to get to know you a bit before granting access so join in on the forums and be patient, it will take a bit of time to get approved but is worth it.
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewhex View Post
    Hello all. New to the site and looking hard to find classes to get my non Restricte licence.

Major issue im coming across is that all courses are on the weekends. I sadlt work weekends and looking for classes between wed and fri. I live in Toronto but willing to drive.

If anyone knows of any let me know. Thanks alot
    Ready Aim Firearms Safety in King City has courses that run during the week.
    https://firearmslessons.ca/

Thanks all. I found 2 good choices so far. Now the wait for the class dates.

There's also www.huntsafe.ca that runs mid-week courses.

Hi All,

Thought I would chime in here. I have been envolved in the sport for more than a decade at this point (mostly Pistol - Duty and Recreational). I realized the other day that I have been a member of this forum for at least that amount of time. During that time I have been in and out of the hobby, as many of you know life often times gets in the way. I still very much consider myself a novice when it comes to rifle shooting, and looking some experienced guys/gals to help refine my skill set. I am new to the KW area, and have joined Colby, where I shoot pistol for the most part. In recent years I have been constantly drawn to hunting as a more self-reliant way of life. I have tried networking a bit at both Bridgeport and Colby with not much luck in finding myself a a Hunting/Long Gun mentor. I know the season already started, but I wouldnt mind being a camp Bi*ch for a trip just to get my feet a little wet.

Little more about me ;
    Male , 30s
    RPAL, Small Game and Fishing License.
    Still probabtionary member at Colby (3 hours left I think)

All that being said, I dont mind meeting up with new shooters and passing on any handgun knowledge I may have (althought limited compared to alot of people on this forum).
    Last edited by aitken11; 10-15-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks all. I passed today the non and resticted licences. Now the long progress starts to get my cards.

Hi where in GTA are I can find old rifles for sale?now Im looking for mosin and manlicher.
    Thanks!

Hey all. Just moved back to the GTA after years out of the country.
    I kept my PAL up to date (restricted & non-restricted) and recently bought a pistol. No one I know shoots, and would like to meet people in the sport who wouldn't mind taking out a greenhorn.
    Also can anyone recommend any indoor club/ranges close to the GTA?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Avery_Smalldog; 10-26-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Hey all. I'm at the stage where I'm finished my CRFSC and CFSC so I just gotta wait for the paperwork to come in. The wait is killing me honestly.

I'm living north of Barrie in a little town called Midland. There is a gun club near me called Huronia handgun club that I will be joining once I get my RPAL. Question being, is anyone in this area that would be willing to meet up there or help me get introduced to handguns in particular?

Many thanks.