Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4151535455565758596061626364656667686971 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Hello all. I just recently joined Gunnutz forums and am soaking in a pile of info from these forums.

I just recently received my RPAL in the mail and do own a few of my own firearms, mostly .22 or 12g that were handed down to me. The issue I am having is finding anyone who is willing to take a newb out to plink, or even anyone who knows of any good spots I could even go without being hassled or causing an annoyance to others around the area. I am the only one in my entire circle that even has a PAL or RPAL and am finding that this is a major hindrance for a newbie to the sport.

I have looked into gun clubs in my area (Barrie) and it seems that without having friends/sponsors at the local clubs around me, there is not much chance of getting a foot in the door this way either :/ I did notice that Huronia gun club up by Midland, that the last poster mentioned, seems to be taking new members but for handgun only. It seems that possibly the best option at this time may be to join there and purchase a handgun? Any assistance/advice/mentors/plinking buddies that could get me out shooting and learning the ropes a little until I can get my foot in the door with hunting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

I've had my Pal and Rpal for a little less than a year. Looking for a handgun mentor or friend in the Cobourg / Port Hope area. Just moved back to Ontario after living out west for the last 7 years.

Hey everyone, I've pretty much just been on the forum for a week reading FAQs and absorbing info, I'm in the Ottawa Valley and would really appreciate meeting some enthusiasts who could guide and teach me, right now I've just got a cheapo .22 and pump shotgun, but within those limits I'd like to start learning some real basic marksmanship and get some range time in. Feel free to PM me if you'd like a chance to shake my hand in person and shoot some paper.

Hey CGN - Just got my RPAL & looking for like minded members in the Mississauga, ON area willing to take a newbie under their wing, much appreciation & thanks in advance!

Kindly drop me a line in a PM, plz & thank you.

Me and a few buddies in Niagara would be willing to help mentor a respectful and responsible new guy. Kindly drop a pm

Can you guys tell me how many posts it takes to stop being a newbie? I've been around since 2011, but I mostly just sift through the EE, so I'm still a "newbie". Feels wrong. Guess I need to get more into the discussion forums.

CGN Regular
    Hello, just got my RPAL approved (hasn't arrived in mail yet). Not sure what the next steps are. Ranges? Shooting courses? Straight to buying guns?
    I'm in Oakville.

hey new to sport East GTA and love to find new people to shoot with

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefish View Post
    Can you guys tell me how many posts it takes to stop being a newbie? I've been around since 2011, but I mostly just sift through the EE, so I'm still a "newbie". Feels wrong. Guess I need to get more into the discussion forums.
    You have the option of "joining the team" - top of the page, near the right side, where it says "Team Membership". Cost you the equivilent of a box of ammo. I do this every year now and I can't think of anything I spend my money on, that gives me more value.

Hi,

Got into this sport a few years back and learnt a lot from this community. Now it's my turn to do some contributions.
    If you live in Ottawa area and are interested in this sport but don't know where to start, I would like to help. I can take you to the range on weekends and try some shooting. The only thing I need from you is compliance to all laws, regulations and safety rules.
    You need to get yourself hearing and eye protections.

Send me PM and we can work out the time. Thanks.