Page 1 of 72 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors
    For those that have little to no experience, this is the place to contact those of us that are willing to meet with you, and let you pop off a few rounds.

Contact the following Mentors by PM (scroll over the user name to access the drop down menu) to arrange a range day meeting.

(Ontario is a big place. Maybe break this one down further? I'll let those that live there sort this out)

EDIT This is the link to the Firearm Safety Education Service of Ontario
    http://www.fseso.org/
    This is for getting your PAL
    (thanks to SignGuy for the link)
    Last edited by tootall; 10-28-2006 at 03:46 AM.

OK, looks like the Toronto/GTA folks will have to work as a team here.
    I think if we collectively bring our heads together we should be able to spend very exciting Saturdays! (for a start).
    I am not sure how to start, but I guess we can ask the moderator to create a GTA forum (yes/no?).

I don't have the ability to create new forum headings myself, but I will ask Sparhawk to do so. I suspected that ON might need to be broken down further.
    Tootall, Newbie Mod

I am also good if anyone wants to meet over coffee to make some plans.

Have you heard of the OFAH hunter/farmer connection? brand new, I think I posted the first ad, but worth checking out
    https://www.ofah.org/Connection/HuntLogin.cfm
    you gotta be an OFAH member though.
    Last edited by tootall; 09-22-2006 at 06:32 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cereal83's Avatar
    mrefaat,

What is that link for as I can not log in? Is it for farmers to allow people to hunt on thier property?

I think a GTA forum would be good as there seem to be alot of people who want to hunt in this area but have nowhere to go and nobody to go with.

I could help out in any way possible but I am kind of busy during the week as I usually work from atleast 9-7.

both, hunters looking for farms,and farmers looking for hunters.
    u gotta create an account and use your OFAH member number.

I guess most of us city boys work all week. So Saturday is the only hunting opportunity. I take a day off here and there during turkey and deer season, and a whole week during moose...
    with no kids I can get away with it, my wife gets pissed for sure, but it is her choice not to tag along :P

I have to join OFAH first and then I will see whats going on in there.

I just want to try out hunting small stuff before I go for a moose. I know somebody can help us noobs out.

Maybe we could even go to some crown land and just go from there. I am sure a couple of us could find out where to go, the discharge laws and stuff like that. It's not too hard.

Hey guys, if the already mentioned family doesn't scare you, we would like to join too!
    Some small-game hunting around the GTA on a Saturday would be a great start!

agree.
    I know some crown land in the GTA, good for rabbits.
    but the season opens later October.
    I also know a place where we can go for Geese. early season hunt is uderway.

What about Grouse or Partirdge or stuff like that? Doesn't the season start on the 15 for most of Ontario? I would be interested in that also. I am pretty much up for anything because I haven't done any hunting at all.

there is hardly any grouse or partridge in southern ontario as far as I know.
    your best bet would be a hunting preserve. I know a couple in the GTA, you can hunt all year! do a google search or check the Ontario Out of Doors magazine.
    I heard about pheasants in the Luther marsh, but that's also post October.
    I am also willing to go out for anything, anytime.

I always thought grouse and those kind of birds where everywhere. Well I searched for hunting preserve but nothing showed up for anything even kind of close to the GTA. Most of the result where in the states.

I wish hunting was easier, i think alot more people would be in the sport.

Page 1 of 72 1234567891121 ... LastLast