Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Quebec

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmtl View Post
    Not sure of your new location but on Island of Montreal there are only 3 ranges that I know of and they are all indoors, Piont Claire rifle > you can only shoot .22 rifle or pistol, There is CTVSP that is only pistols http://www.ctvsp.com/intro.html or CRAFM which you can shoot long rifle and pistol in almost every caliber http://www.crafm.com/?___store=english: not CRAFM will be closed for about a month or so do to a cieling calapse and water damage. They should be reopening in about a months time. Any other help needed just ask.
    thanks a lot. i may give a call to crafm. will take the course first.

You also mention you do not have a car, and if I remember my Canadian/Quebec firearm law you are not allowed to bring a firearm on public transportation. Especially if its a restricted firearm example Pistol or AR 15.
    Robert

Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Quebec

You also mention you do not have a car, and if I remember my Canadian/Quebec firearm law you are not allowed to bring a firearm on public transportation. Especially if its a restricted firearm example Pistol or AR 15.

Good point
    CSSA

my friend told me that montreal may take few months for the pal. so after months may have a car......

I set myself up on this site several months ago. All I want to do is buy and sell pistols and revolvers. I do on several other sites
    but never have I seen such a complicated site. This is to the detriment of both sellers and buyers.

Bob
    Canadianfencible@Gmail.com

What???
    CSSA

no club provide the english firearm safety course in montreal till to may。。。。。。。。 any information and help? really want get the license asap。。。。。。thanks
    is possible take the course from ottawa? and than tranfer to montreal?

U sure till may??
    CSSA

What you can do is study the books and just challenge the exam. I did that with my restricted license. You just need to find a place where they will do that. I called the Pointe Claire rifle club and I believe I spoke with Tim and he guided me to an instructor named Pat (don't remember his last name) You can find the books online at http://www.firearms-safety-course.com/ the books restricted and non restricted are on the left of the page. Once you pass the exams you need to become a member of a shooting club and pass the Law 9 course plus the clubs safety course. Then you can buy your restricted firearm. Your non restricted firearm you can buy once you get your non restrictive license. Just remember when applying for your license you need to have 3 people that you've know for 3 years and I believe they need to be Canadian to confirm who you are, plus if you have a wife or girlfriend that you live with, they need to call them and get there approval as well. With my restricted license it took about 6 months. If you need any other help just ask.
    Robert

thanks ....but the weird thing is the ctvsp told me i cant direct to take the exam.......they told me the instructor left for vacation that back till may........the crafm no more provide the course.....other club no english course...... cant find available schedule on www.fqtir.qc.ca ............................6 month???? wow