Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Quebec

Hello!

I'm looking for someone experienced that might be able to give me some shooting pointers in Montreal. I've just gotten my pal and rpal and have inherited some rifles which I would love to try out. I'm also thinking of picking up a handgun because that's been a lot of fun when I've had the opportunity to shoot them before.

Please let me know if you're game!

Anthony

Hello everyone!

I got my PAL earlier this summer but didn't get a gun until recently. I just bought a Marln 795 but have yet to shoot it. I'd also be curious to try other guns as well.

If somebody wants to meet up with me, we could go shoot and I can cover gas and ammo. I'm in Montreal, speak french and english! Hoping to find someone to take me shooting for the first time!

hey guys,
    I'm planning to go this weekend to crafm or Ruisseau noir, maybe tomorrow,
    if not next weekend.
    don't have a gun yet, saving up for one.

Quote Originally Posted by scubafreak View Post
    hey guys,
    I'm planning to go this weekend to crafm or Ruisseau noir, maybe tomorrow,
    if not next weekend.
    don't have a gun yet, saving up for one.
    Sounds like an interesting plan. But all I have is a 22lr.

I wasn't able to go this weekend,
    next weekend There's the plan to go.
    I wan't to start shooting either with a 0.22 or save some more to start with 0.308.
    but that's a plan, can always change

There's a really nice range in St Jean sur Richelieu. About an hour from Vaudreuil if that means anything to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillingsworth View Post
    Wondering if anybody knows if there's an outdoor range anywhere in the southwestern Quebec area at all. I do know there's a skeet range in Valleyfield, but I'm looking for just a standard target range.

Closest I've seen is the Eastern Ontario shooting club; their membership fee looks reasonable and the range looks great, but it's over an hour's drive away. I don't mind making such a trip every couple of weeks, but I'm curious to know if there's anything else around the Montreal area and westwards.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfLife View Post
    Hello everyone!

I got my PAL earlier this summer but didn't get a gun until recently. I just bought a Marln 795 but have yet to shoot it. I'd also be curious to try other guns as well.

If somebody wants to meet up with me, we could go shoot and I can cover gas and ammo. I'm in Montreal, speak french and english! Hoping to find someone to take me shooting for the first time!

I'm away this coming weekend for Thanksturkey Day but would be down to head to Ruisseau Noir next weekend. (Oct 14th/15th)

I'll probably be at Ruisseau Noir the Saturday of the 15e, Sunday is going to be rain.
    I will probably be early, spend rest of day with wife,

Quote Originally Posted by dcpipal View Post
    I am also looking for the same info. I live around the area.
    Ruisseau noir in terrebonne is an outdoor range. I'm looking for a club to join and a veteran shooter/hunter told me about it.
    I'm also looking at the Vankleek Hill gun club in ON. Equal distance and travel time for me. Advantage terrebonne for having firearms for rent.

I hope this is okay to post on this thread.....

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in Montreal to clean some firearms? I've just inherited them and want to make sure they are safe but don't yet know enough to do it myself.