Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Quebec

Hi all!

I'm a new guy from MTL who went for a shooting session at CTVSP recently with my wife and got bit by the bug! I really enjoyed my experience; enough so that I did my CCSMAFAR recently and have my CCSMAF already scheduled. The bummer though is that I was told at CRAFM that I'll be lucky if I get my PPA by June 2017 due to long delays in application processing. Looks like I'll be lusting at that P226 for a long time before getting my hands on it...

I'm looking for Greater Montreal area experienced semi-auto handgun shooters who wouldn't mind bringing this rookie as a guest on their shooting range sessions while I patiently wait for my PPA. I'm a reliable, serious, easy-going, late thirties guy (gees this sounds like a dating profile). I'm ready to offset some of your costs to compensate for the time you spend coaching and not shooting. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendossa View Post
    Hi all!

I'm a new guy from MTL who went for a shooting session at CTVSP recently with my wife and got bit by the bug! I really enjoyed my experience; enough so that I did my CCSMAFAR recently and have my CCSMAF already scheduled. The bummer though is that I was told at CRAFM that I'll be lucky if I get my PPA by June 2017 due to long delays in application processing. Looks like I'll be lusting at that P226 for a long time before getting my hands on it...

I'm looking for Greater Montreal area experienced semi-auto handgun shooters who wouldn't mind bringing this rookie as a guest on their shooting range sessions while I patiently wait for my PPA. I'm a reliable, serious, easy-going, late thirties guy (gees this sounds like a dating profile). I'm ready to offset some of your costs to compensate for the time you spend coaching and not shooting. PM me if interested.
    Check PM's

Edit: I should've checked the date lol
    Last edited by Pencilneck; 03-19-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Hi all!

I've already introduced myself here, but just found this section. It's just what I've been looking for I think.
    I've been to the range once so far and shot .22lr, 9mm and .45acp. The 9mm was my favorite though.

Anyways, I'm really thinking about getting more seriously into the sport and getting my RPAL but given the fact I've only been shooting once and it's been a while, I'd like to make sure it's the right hobby for me because I'm not rolling in Cash and it's a very expensive hobby from what I can see.

I'm situated on the South Shore of Montreal (Brossard) but I'm willing to use public transport as long as it's in the Montreal area or not too far from there or the South Shore.

I don't mind paying for my fees and all, but it sure would be appreciated if some people were willing to let me try their firearms. After all, I'll mostly be there to have fun, try new things and get more experience with firearms and hopefully meet new people and who knows maybe make a couple of friends too
    I'm also open to a beer or a good scotch afterwards, and even though I don't smoke anymore, I do vape hehe (+ I got my special medical plant license, if you are into that). I'm sure I don't need to mention that this would be for AFTER Only...right? That's what they call obvious and it kinda goes without saying especially when dealing with dangerous weapons like firearms (and cars...but I don't drive...sooo).

Also, I'm thinking of maybe going in either the army (big maybe) or most probably, the CBSA (Canadian Border Services Agency) so I'll probably need it anyways...

P.S: Modz, I didn't mention any words that would show up on a google search as a courtesy so the 2 aren't linked together. If that's not enough though

Hello all!

I'm a new shooter from the west island of Montreal. I have recently completed my CRFSC and Law 9 courses, and have my CFSC booked for the end of august. Shooting for the first time during the law 9 course was enough to make me want to go shoot again and again. I'm sure all the people here are aware of the long wait after the PAL application, and unfortunately, I've fallen victim to it.

Now onto the very obvious reason I'm here begging for attention. I'm looking for Greater Montreal area experienced shooters who wouldn't mind bringing a guest shooting at their local club while I wait for my PAL. I'm serious, committed, and (as taught to me by my father) very in-tune to safety at all times. I'm 18, which throws some people off, however I hope one of you can look past that and help a young newbie out. I'll gladly buy my ammunition and compensate you for your time.

Message me if interested!

Well, here goes another newbie looking for a guide to allow me to accompany them to a Montreal-area range while I wait for my RPAL.

My application is clean and I've passed the CFSC/CRSFC courses, I've had a 2-hour session at CTVSP with 22lr and 9mm pistols, and the bug bit hard! I can't wait to get back on a range and start meeting some folks who would like the company and chance to share some of their accrued knowledge.

I have a car and can pay all my fees, ammo and rentals, or if you're willing to let me try some of yours, that's cool too. You get to choose what ammo I buy for any of your firearms. I'm mostly interested in 9mm, 10mm, maybe .38, and mostly pistols for now, but the AR15 is of course on my wish-list yet I'm boggled at the options and choices for a first build.

So, I'm 38 yrs old, Conservative, and also big into fly fishing for salmon. I'm sure we can find plenty of common ground. I'm like a sponge for information lately, so you'll have a captive audience

Any of the ranges in or around Montreal are accessible, and Weeknights or Saturdays are best for me. Hope to hear from someone soon who likes coaching and introducing new people to the sport. I plan on becoming a member of the NFA and at least one other org as soon as I see my RPAL get approved... eventually!

Feel free to PM me here, and I'll give you a phone number just in case you'd like to vet me a little more before committing to a rendez-vous. Je parle Francais aussi, mais avec un petit effort

Hello,

I shoot at a club on the north shore of Montreal and I usually bring non-restricted as well as restricted and I'm looking to share a ride with someone with or without shooting experience.

If you have a car, that's great, otherwise I rent one so it's an expense to consider. And before someone asks why I can afford restricted but not a car :-) well, 2 words...Parking and Downtown...

I'm in the center-east of Montreal, I'm 30 and I speak french, I shoot at 200 yards with a .17HMR, I have a black powder .50 muzzle loader, .22 and 9mm handguns and waiting for an AR-15 transfer. The range is outdoor so I guess it's unlikely I'll go before mid-April...but I wouldn't rule out trying it in the winter if the weather is unusually warm.

HI ALL Quebec frds
    I am new to here and new in the gun biz.
    If anyone is looking a shooting buddy. pm pls...

Hey there, I'm from QC City (have my PAL for restricted and non-restricted firearms and currently a member at one of the local indoor ranges). I was wondering if outside of Club Beauséjour there is a place to practice target shooting outside? I find it a bit far to go after work and cross the bridges with the traffic... Is it still worth it? I've never went there and would consider giving it a try!

I tried to list another rimfire (the third) and I received a notice that I was only allowed 2 and to delete
    one of the others. Is this right...makes it difficult to reduce a collection.
    Also would like to know how to BTT or Bump. Read the instructions and I find unclear.
    Bob

Hey fellow QC Gunnies!

Wanted to reach out and see who's still alive in this neck of the woods since its been so quiet here :P

Just getting into the sport, looking for some experienced people to help get me learning. Unfortunately Im a "come from away" so my french is suspect at best.

Looking forward to meeting you guys in the future!