Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Quebec

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buda View Post
    CRAFM, Astorarms (online), and Fabsports (only for gun parts) on the montreal island, stay away from Dante Inc.

Your best bet for mil arms is most of the dealers presented up above, way better prices, and you don't pay the insane Quebec PST.

Check them all out before you make any decisions.
    Why would you tell him to stay away from Dante?
    Their prices aren't the greatest but the staff is knowledgeable and they just might have what he wants.

I picked up a nearly new Springfield 1911 loaded which nobody else had in stock for a price I was willing to pay.

This isn't the states where there is a gun shop on every corner and there are 1000 online retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by buda View Post
    CRAFM, Astorarms (online), and Fabsports (only for gun parts) on the montreal island, stay away from Dante Inc.

Your best bet for mil arms is most of the dealers presented up above, way better prices, and you don't pay the insane Quebec PST.

Check them all out before you make any decisions.
    hum this sounds like someone dosent like competition ...
    i have my permit and tho i never shot at CRAFM i wouldnt recomend it
    if you want to rent a firearm you need to take rendez vous in person
    also if you want to be memeber you need to take a additional 70$ course ( with permit or not) they also have to do a background check and their staff is poorly trained into what is actualy required for xyz . i tried to go there twice with calling in advance and i got several diffrent speach

now i dont know dante (witch is a firearm shop so whats the fuss about and it was also recomended in my firearms course ) club l'acaddie seams ok but you need to own your firearm ( no rental)

i am new to firearms and one thing i see is BARRIERS UPON BARRIERS of people not letting other people get into this kinda sports so i tank all of you who offer your advice payed or not !

just getting a firearm for me has been quite a challenge ( it took 3 days to get a purchase approval just to get it ) and i am sorry but crafm is not helping much by putting stupid barriers like having to take rendezvous in person??? what is that ? i went tru military clearance for god sake and you really think your background check is gonna reveal anything the SQ hasn't checked yet ?

sorry rants over ..

I am in Longueuil area if anyone needs some info... Also a CTVSP member!!

Cheers
    Last edited by MTLean; 04-29-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Official French Facilitator lucky72's Avatar
    Bonjour a tous les nouveau francophone du site, pour votre plaisir nous avons créer une section française sur le site en plus de vous donner une liste de membre qui appartienne a des club des environs du Québec, alors venez nous rejoindre et partager votre passion des armes a feu.

Bien votre.

Lucky
    EOSC Member
    NRA Life Member
    CCFR Member

ATT for Restricted - Economical Range

Quote Originally Posted by mcisprinter View Post
    Hi, just got my full PAL license.

Where is the best place to buy locally in Montreal? I have absolutely no idea what the "best" guns are and wouldn't mind some advice. My only experience is going to Gun Store in Vegas every year and shooting various interesting weapons that I would expect are all illegal over here.

My interest is military-type weapons/target practice... I might go 4 times a year and my budget is in the higher range of things.

Thanks!
    If you are going to go shoot only a few times per year but you need to maintain your SQ ATT for Restricted firearms you should check the membership deals at Ruisseau Noir in Terrebonne 450.477-9720 514.497-2719

MkTkMn

Bonjour , je suis un p'tit nouveau du coin de Lanaudière! je suis surtout sur ce forum pour apprendre comment modifier ma Ruger 10/22 et ou me procurer des pièces au canada... pour pas trop cher... mon but est de modifier ma 10/22 pour obtenir un maximum de précision sans augmenter le poids de mon arme.... je fais surtout de la chasse au petit gibier avec la Ruger donc la longueur et le poids de l'arme est assez important... je possède un modèle standard qui date de 1979 .... le # de série commence par 118-xxxxxx.

for all the Quebec newbies, please go signed this petitions, your sport and passion will be harder to continued if we don't do something now.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=618143
    EOSC Member
    NRA Life Member
    CCFR Member

I just wonder if somebody knew any places or any body offer Canadian Firearm safety course training in Montreal. I tried the 911 body guard at Chateauguay but unfortunately they didn't offer the course anymore. Thanks.

Also looking for a mentor who willing to guided the newbie, I can drive to meet possibly anywhere in Quebec. Cafe , Donut and Ammo ( if require ) are on me or possibly gas.

Regard !

CGN frequent flyer Wired leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KND View Post
    I just wonder if somebody knew any places or any body offer Canadian Firearm safety course training in Montreal. I tried the 911 body guard at Chateauguay but unfortunately they didn't offer the course anymore. Thanks.

Also looking for a mentor who willing to guided the newbie, I can drive to meet possibly anywhere in Quebec. Cafe , Donut and Ammo ( if require ) are on me or possibly gas.

Regard !
    Here is the link to the firearms courses offered in Quebec. This is the main page, just select your region.
    http://www.fedecp.qc.ca/index.php/so...mation/horaire
    Last edited by Wired leader; 01-03-2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: dumbass forgot the link

Quote Originally Posted by MrFlagellipo View Post
    Bonjour , je suis un p'tit nouveau du coin de Lanaudière! je suis surtout sur ce forum pour apprendre comment modifier ma Ruger 10/22 et ou me procurer des pièces au canada... pour pas trop cher... mon but est de modifier ma 10/22 pour obtenir un maximum de précision sans augmenter le poids de mon arme.... je fais surtout de la chasse au petit gibier avec la Ruger donc la longueur et le poids de l'arme est assez important... je possède un modèle standard qui date de 1979 .... le # de série commence par 118-xxxxxx.
    viens nous rejoindre dans la section francophone et nous t'aiderons sur tes questions.

a +
    Lucky
    EOSC Member
    NRA Life Member
    CCFR Member