Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Quebec

Well you have to understand Canadian laws are very strict compared the US, but less strict compare to the UK. It is what it is and if you want a firearm you have to go through the long procedure. Call the Pointe claire clubs as it's an pretty much English, and see what they can do, but there is no way to get around the wait. You can just challenge the exam but you need the instructor to give you the test.
    Robert

Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Quebec

CSSA

thanks guys

Hey Guys I have to admit I wasn't much of a gun guy but after a trip to vegas and a chance to shoot an AK-47 and a Dessert Eagle 50 I find myself hoked. I'm thinking of getting my license but I'm not sure if it worth it for me. I Don't drive, don't hunt but i love shooting at targets. What would you recommend for me to start here in montreal? I've been eyeballing the Norinco M305 as a cheap first gun but living in montreal would have no where to shoot it.

Before any firearm can be bought you need to go through the saftey courses and application for a firearm license. The only shooting range on the Island of Montreal that you can shoot a rifle is http://www.crafm.com/?___store=english# but keep in mind that it's a indoor range and the futherest you can shoot is 75 meters. Also this is problably the only place where you can store your firearm as if you don't have a car you are not allowed to take public transportation with a firearm. The choice of a firearm is really up to the type of shooting you want to do. If your looking for percision and long distance the norinco would not be a good choice. To start I would suggest a .22lr or .17HMR .223 7.62x39 calibers for cheap shooting that won't break the bank and you can have lots of fun. Anything else your looking for a hunting rifle which is not made for shoot hundreds of rounds in one day, plus they have a 1500 round limit before the barrel is finished. The other caliber barrels are usally able to handle a higher rate of shooting within a day or a long period of time. An SKS is a good first rifle where the rifle is cheap and so is the ammo. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by DravenHawk View Post
    Hey Guys I have to admit I wasn't much of a gun guy but after a trip to vegas and a chance to shoot an AK-47 and a Dessert Eagle 50 I find myself hoked. I'm thinking of getting my license but I'm not sure if it worth it for me. I Don't drive, don't hunt but i love shooting at targets. What would you recommend for me to start here in montreal? I've been eyeballing the Norinco M305 as a cheap first gun but living in montreal would have no where to shoot it.
    Robert

Bonjour a tous, je suis nouveau sur le forum et j'aimerais avoir une petite information. J'ai fait mon cours sur la loi 9 hier au CTM et j'aimerais, si possible essayer quelques armes avant d'acheter, toujours si possible. Si un mentor pourrait m'initier je suis tres ouvert. Je suis meilleur a écouter qu'a parler J'hésite entre un beretta 92 fs, S&W MP9 et le traditionnel Glock 17, mais je suis ouvert a tout autres suggestion. Au debut je regardais pour un 1911, mais le prix des armes et munitions étant plus elevé, je pense que ca ira pour un achat ultérieur. Est ce possible d'essayer ces armes au CTM? Je ne me suis pas abbonné au CTM étant de la rive sud et beaucoup plus proche du club a st jean sur richelieu. Je mentionne aussi que je suis bilingue et et apprécierais beaucoup les conseils de chacuns. Merci et au plaisir!

Just about to go pay CTVSP a visit. Hoping I can get information/validation on obtaining all the required permits to join a club.

If a mentor is open to initiate me at CTVSP or CRAFM I'd appreciate the education and a chance to get some hands on before the license courses and exams.

PM me please.

PS. I'm bilingual and my schedule is quite flexible

Thank you
    Last edited by PcBuster; 03-22-2013 at 10:48 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PcBuster View Post
    Just about to go pay CTVSP a visit. Hoping I can get information/validation on obtaining all the required permits to join a club.

If a mentor is open to initiate me at CTVSP or CRAFM I'd appreciate the education and a chance to get some hands on before the license courses and exams.

PM me please.

PS. I'm bilingual and my schedule is quite flexible

Thank you
    From what I hear, stick with CRAFM, much better range. I am waiting on my pal/rpal applications to go through but then I am in the same boat. I want to learn how the maintenance of a gun and get some help as I am inexperienced.

Bonjour à tous! Je suis nouveau et passera mon CCSMAF le 27 avril prochain ! Bien content d'avoir trouvé le forum il y a tellement d'infos intéressantes!

Hey all, just joined the site last night...sooo, that being said, how do i get an avatar for my profile?