Thread: Rpal

Rpal

i went and got my PAL but didnt do the RPAL with it. Now that handguns are banned is there really much point in getting the RPAL? if the conservitives get in think the handgun ban will be reversed?

That's YOUR call. Do you want any r-rifles?

I'm holding off until hand guns are back to pay for that
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

I would say yes, and this given the fact that I have had my PAL for almost 20 years and JUST last year I did my Restricted course, but not in time to get handguns (which was really why I took the Restricted course - and yes, I could have done it years earlier, I realize this...).

That said, there is really nothing in the way of short barreled rifles that interest me at this time. The ones that I would interest me, I already have NR versions, so it's not compelling enough for me.

I figured there is really no downside to having the Restricted endorsement at this time. There are some people who suggest it is good to have just in case the Liberals re-classify a bunch of NRs to Rs (which wouldn't surprise me if they tried to do this). Plus, I have great hope that the handgun bun will be reversed at some point by a CPC government, so knowing all this, if I were to go back in time to last year, I would have still taken the Restricted course regardless.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatkok View Post
    i went and got my PAL but didnt do the RPAL with it. Now that handguns are banned is there really much point in getting the RPAL? if the conservitives get in think the handgun ban will be reversed?
    The return on investment is currently very low but there is always the chance that a small window will exist where having the R will be VERY valuable

You wont know till its too late
    The best time to buy a gun was 40 years ago, the second best time is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    The return on investment is currently very low but there is always the chance that a small window will exist where having the R will be VERY valuable

You wont know till its too late
    I had zero interest in handguns until last summer when a range buddy let me shoot several. It was a blast and was a lot harder than I had imagined. That really prompted me to go for the Restricted course.

I have since taken the hunting course as well last month. Figured ya only live once and I would be old and grey (not that far from that) and ended up with the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" predicament.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Regular
    I was mostly interested in rifles, PCC and shotguns. Never cared much about handguns.

I got my RPAL incase one day liberals puts a freeze on new RPALs

Not having the R on your PAL will be a regret. Imagine the wait time if C-21 fails or current OICs reversed? Imagine if all "X" become R overnight by another theatrical OIC? Imagine not knowing how to safely operate a R when lent one at the range? Imagine not being available to help out a buddy and babysit their Rs (with a valid ATT) while they are out of town? Imagine no more RPALs being issued. Plus, it's a fun short-day course handling lots of Rs! R means READY.

My honest take. If you can afford the test? I don't remember the cost. And you *can* pass the test, I'm confident most owners can. Why not?
    The government can change classifications, things may appear interesting that you can't own due to a semi-self imposed restriction. Why not?
    Plenty of people have their pal and no desire for what can or can't be. Things are changing, you could want something before it's gone.
    Good luck to you, welcome to the club!

Do the restricted course and you will not regret it.A one day course and about $150.00, it will give you more knowledge on the types of hand guns and their actions and there are still restricted rifle's to be had that are lot's of fun to shoot.Besides the law's will change so beat the rush.All good.
    Dave G